*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

lwb transit wanted asap

Need a Tranny! Post Here!

Moderator: Luke

lwb transit wanted asap

Postby dpsservices » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:49 pm

i would like a lwb high or semi transit i have about 2500 and would like value for my money mot tax if poss, looking for s reg onwards. i live in northamptonshire and am willing to travel for right vehical cheers
Last edited by dpsservices on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iveco daily xlwb 35s12
dpsservices
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: lwb transit wanted

Postby BigNeil » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:07 pm

what age of van are you after ?
BigNeil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dpsservices » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:47 pm

BigNeil wrote:what age of van are you after ?

s onwards mate
iveco daily xlwb 35s12
dpsservices
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby dpsservices » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:48 pm

BigNeil wrote:what age of van are you after ?
iveco daily xlwb 35s12
dpsservices
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: lwb transit wanted asap

Postby Cookie @ C.T.S » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:31 am

Hi mate, picked up a new recovery truck today so my van will be going up for sale.

details are from top of my head-

Its an ex-amec LWB semi transit
S reg
approx 10 months mot
4-5 months tax
new clutch 500 miles ago
It's solid as a rock underneath
It has an absoulut ton of service history and recipits etc from previous owners and is a real pleasure to drive, It has been driving this that made me sell my mk3 recovery truck.
It is, I believe the heaviest duty one you can get, I have used it with 2 ton in and pulled a 1 1/2 ton towable cherry picker with it and does'nt look or feel stressed in the slightest.
the bad point back arches are a bit crusty, and one has had the rust dented where my mate caught it on a wagon in his yard, may be a bit on rear door bottoms (can't picture it and it's cold and dark now :lol: ) and it's in that amec blue colour but thats it I cannot fault anything else on it at all.

I had this of the mate that had my previous recovery truck when it was pinched last summer as payment for it, So want what my truck cost me back no more and no less, want £1295 firm, no offers, This van really is a Gem I would never of had it off him if it was'nt.

I'm located in S.wales, give me a shout if your interested Am gonna give it a quick clean and get it advertised this weekend if I get 10 mins to myself :roll:
CTR Services
Cooks Transportation and Recovery services
Full winching facilities
Scrap collected
S Wales based

07747-583-622
Cookie @ C.T.S
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Cookie @ C.T.S » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:33 am

Oh and driver seat has usual wear on edge, but it is the far comfier 'captain' chair with the armrests.
CTR Services
Cooks Transportation and Recovery services
Full winching facilities
Scrap collected
S Wales based

07747-583-622
Cookie @ C.T.S
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby dpsservices » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:47 am

Cookie @ C.T.S wrote:Oh and driver seat has usual wear on edge, but it is the far comfier 'captain' chair with the armrests.

will let you know when i see the pictures was looking to spend the whole 2500 as not being cheeky :oops: want one thats really clean and presentable as im self employed and have to park outside customers houses
iveco daily xlwb 35s12
dpsservices
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby twi66y » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:48 am

dpsservices wrote:
Cookie @ C.T.S wrote:Oh and driver seat has usual wear on edge, but it is the far comfier 'captain' chair with the armrests.

will let you know when i see the pictures was looking to spend the whole 2500 as not being cheeky :oops: want one thats really clean and presentable as im self employed and have to park outside customers houses

Im in the same boat dude, same budget £2500-£3000 and i simply cant find one thats tidy enough..I want a td so that puts me on a narrower list straight away.. Idealy i want a red one but im willing to compensate that, Got offered a mk6 with highish miles but decided against it, as it wasnt really what i wanted. Bargain price put passed due to the fact it was blue, just didnt look right to me :oops: It had a grubby cab, ripped seats and no ply lining in the end. Now thats gonna cost you £250 done nicely.
Think im going to stick with the idea of a mk5 lwb now but i really want one thats turbo'd. I drove a transit not long ago, dont know what spec it was but jesus it was slow. up and down hills was a nightmare, changing gears all the time and with tools in the back thats gonna be even worse! Im not being picky Honest :oops:
I just want the right van :mrgreen:

I aint here for a long time, I'm here for a good time
twi66y
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dpsservices » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:52 am

twi66y wrote:
dpsservices wrote:

Im in the same boat dude, same budget £2500-£3000 and i simply cant find one thats tidy enough..I want a td so that puts me on a narrower list straight away.. Idealy i want a red one but im willing to compensate that, Got offered a mk6 with highish miles but decided against it, as it wasnt really what i wanted. Bargain price put passed due to the fact it was blue, just didnt look right to me :oops: It had a grubby cab, ripped seats and no ply lining in the end. Now thats gonna cost you £250 done nicely.
Think im going to stick with the idea of a mk5 lwb now but i really want one thats turbo'd. I drove a transit not long ago, dont know what spec it was but jesus it was slow. up and down hills was a nightmare, changing gears all the time and with tools in the back thats gonna be even worse! Im not being picky Honest :oops:
I just want the right van :mrgreen:

tell me about it been looking every where even went to the british cars auctions in nottingham yesterday car were cheap as chip but vans jesus they were expensive with all the add ons you have to pay
iveco daily xlwb 35s12
dpsservices
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transits Wanted