*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Bluetooth, central locking, emergency assist, parking assist

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Bluetooth, central locking, emergency assist, parking assist

Postby bat666x » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi all

The van has started again with numerous faults and was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

1st of all the Bluetooth ceased to connect, took the advice from the forum disconnected the batteries and it was fine again for a week or two.

Now it’s stopped working again along with the central locking, the emergency assist and the parking sensors! The van tells you emergency assist is not working and to take it to the dealership

This is not the 1st time the central locking has went haywire, the previous owner reported it and this is the 2nd time it has happened to me. The locking works fine from the actual key (not the fob) and the buttons on the drivers door operates all the doors and tailgate. It’s as if it is not receiving the signal from the fob (tried both keys)

Any help please before I take it to the stealers
bat666x
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Bluetooth, central locking, emergency assist, parking as

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:10 pm

I think someone will ask if you have two batteries, if you have they'll suggest that one of them is trying to Brexit.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby bat666x » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. Yes it does have 2 batteries. The last time the central locking went off I checked the voltages. One was 12.6V and the other was 12.4V with the engine off. With the engine running they were both charging at 14.4V.

I will check again on Saturday

Cheers BAT666X
bat666x
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bat666x » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi All,

Had both batteries checked out and both are in great shape
Both had readings of 12.6V with one @ 712Ah and the other at 733Ah, not a bad result for 700Ah batteries :roll:

Disconnected the batteries for an hour which re-enabled SYNC and cleared the fault with emergency and parking assist, but the central locking has not started working again :cry:

Had a quick look on eBay for a central locking module but I found 5 different modules for the same model transit custom......... the central locking works fine manually from the hykee lock or the buttons inside the van, it’s as if the van is not receiving the signal from the keyfob :shock:

Gonna have to have a trip to the dealers I think
bat666x
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bat666x » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:11 pm

:cry:
now the instrument cluster has gone haywire too, coming on and off as they please!!!

could live with opening the doors manually but driving with no instrument lights or speedo is no good :evil:

hopefully ill get some answers soon and put them up here :roll:
bat666x
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bat666x » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 am

Hi all,

I had the van into a friends garage today and we hooked it up to the PC and found 16 fault codes, quite a considerable amount of these faults related to lost comms with the BCM.
When I bought the van around 7 months ago one of the 1st jobs on the list was to install a new sound system whilst retaining the ford head unit, new door speakers, tweeters, amps and an under the seat woofer was installed. since the ford head unit had no RCA's I had to use an RCA splitter and the new door speakers required crossovers to be fitted. The LHS crossover & RCA splitter were located next to the BCM & the wires from the head unit to the crossover had been wrapped around the BCM can bus cable :oops:
I am hoping the wires were causing an interference with the can bus signals :?:
I removed the BCM unraveled all the wiring and refitted the BCM, cleared the 16 faults ran the van for 5 minutes and no codes were present. I am hooking it back up on Friday to see if any more codes have been stored.

the only thing that is still not working on the van now is the remote key fob still :cry: not sure if I need to get the key programmed at the dealers?
The only code that mentions central locking possibly is from the BCM and the code is:

B109E REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
NO MESSAGE
CURRENT

can anyone shed any light on this issue or code? both the key fobs are not working :roll:
Thanks BAT666X
bat666x
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby flanserve » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:39 am

Can't help you with the key fault but....!
I've had some issues recently with headlights flickering randomly as I drove along. I could hear the relays "chattering" as they were getting a signal to contact from somewhere.
That was the only issue until last week. Then the Bluetooth would randomly disconnect itself, a fault chime would "ping" and something would flash up on the dash - too quick for me to see what it was.
It all pointed to a BCM (Body Control Module) issue.
I decided to investigate....
As a disclaimer I would NOT advise doing what I have done unless you feel competent doing so!!!
I decided to remove the BCM from the van and open it up to see were there any "dry" solder joints or obvious issues.
To open it you need to take out all the fuses - keep them in order so they can go back in the right place.
Then remove 4 Torx head screws from underneath.
Prise open, carefully, all the clips around the edge of the plastic cover and you will have access to the BCM - essentially a PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
When I took it apart I found some corrosion around some of the chipsets and other connections. Most of the connections are pressed into the board and not soldered. I found NO faulty soldered joints.
I cleaned up the corrosion with some electrical contact cleaner and a toothbrush and re-assembled the BCM.
Re-installed it in the van and since then there has not been one issue with the flickering lights, faulty Bluetooth etc..... :D
The only issue since then is that the heated screen has stopped working - both sides. I haven't had a chance to investigate that yet but hopefully it is something simple .
I hope this helps someone!!
Note: mine is a 2013 van and out of warranty so I didn't really have anything to lose by , carefully, investigating!!
flanserve
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dementinator » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 pm

bat666x wrote:Hi all,

I had the van into a friends garage today and we hooked it up to the PC and found 16 fault codes, quite a considerable amount of these faults related to lost comms with the BCM.
When I bought the van around 7 months ago one of the 1st jobs on the list was to install a new sound system whilst retaining the ford head unit, new door speakers, tweeters, amps and an under the seat woofer was installed. since the ford head unit had no RCA's I had to use an RCA splitter and the new door speakers required crossovers to be fitted. The LHS crossover & RCA splitter were located next to the BCM & the wires from the head unit to the crossover had been wrapped around the BCM can bus cable :oops:
I am hoping the wires were causing an interference with the can bus signals :?:
I removed the BCM unraveled all the wiring and refitted the BCM, cleared the 16 faults ran the van for 5 minutes and no codes were present. I am hooking it back up on Friday to see if any more codes have been stored.

the only thing that is still not working on the van now is the remote key fob still :cry: not sure if I need to get the key programmed at the dealers?
The only code that mentions central locking possibly is from the BCM and the code is:

B109E REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
NO MESSAGE
CURRENT

can anyone shed any light on this issue or code? both the key fobs are not working :roll:
Thanks BAT666X

Oh dear, my best advice when obtaining a new or nearly new Custom, is simple, leave the f*** thing alone and as the factory intended, far less problems that way. :lol:
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom