*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Remapping

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Remapping

Postby Leanda » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi everybody with m sports , has anybody had theirs remmapoed yet ? I’ve had mine just over 5 months now and thinking about it , any suggestions ? Cheers p
Leanda

Re: Remapping

Postby Eggski » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Not sure about Msports to be honest but I had my 125 done at Vantuners yesterday and oh my days its awesome, so different, more low down grunt and very smooth power.... oh the noticable power!
Custom Trend 2.2 125/290s 64reg (2014) DCIV. (Remapped by Vantuner)
Mk7 2.4 115T350, 57reg (2008) crewcab tipper in Saffron yellow. (De EGR'd and tweeked by Vantuner)
Mk5 2.5 banana, 76ps, V reg (2000) 190 crewcab tipper. (sold but not forgotten)
Eggski
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Leanda wrote:Hi everybody with m sports , has anybody had theirs remmapoed yet ? I’ve had mine just over 5 months now and thinking about it , any suggestions ? Cheers p

if its under warrenty i wouldnt

they suffer badley for piston cracking as ford have already max the engine out.

some of these are already 155ps

I now look after a 2.0 litre mrk 8 and the problems that having with adblue and injector faults is a joke and it only just had its first engine oil change at 28000 miles :shock:.

dont know why ford think 28000 mile engine changes is good is beyond me, and they wonder why these are blowing up and carnt supply the engine quick enough under warranty :roll:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby woodbutcherbower » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:56 pm

I remember the day I drove my new 170PS Sport out of the showroom, thinking 'Bloody hell, this thing is quick". A few months down the line, reality had kicked in and I was finding that hills whilst fully loaded were always a 4th or even 3rd gear slog, I always had to drop to 3rd and boot it to get past slow-moving HGV's, and that 6th was realistically a bit too long for any speed under about 50.

So yeah, I've thought about a remap to give just a little more. But as another poster has sensibly said - my van's under warranty so that makes it an immediate no-no, and squeezing 170PS from a 4-pot diesel seems to be pretty much on the limit of how far any manufacturer can push the output of a van engine. So all things considered, it's a no from me.

And 28k between oil changes is mental. I change mine (and always have done) every 6k. Even after these much shorter intervals and with new filters every time, it still drains out looking like sludge. Go figure........
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V184 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:07 pm

karl wrote:
Leanda wrote:Hi everybody with m sports , has anybody had theirs remmapoed yet ? I’ve had mine just over 5 months now and thinking about it , any suggestions ? Cheers p

if its under warrenty i wouldnt

they suffer badley for piston cracking as ford have already max the engine out.

some of these are already 155ps

I now look after a 2.0 litre mrk 8 and the problems that having with adblue and injector faults is a joke and it only just had its first engine oil change at 28000 miles :shock:.

dont know why ford think 28000 mile engine changes is good is beyond me, and they wonder why these are blowing up and carnt supply the engine quick enough under warranty :roll:

i dont why they use this engine stick the Mondeo/Pug 2 litre in it none of this running timing belts in sh1tty engine oil !
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby seikokid » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:17 pm

my 16plate sport was remapped by vantuner when it had 2.5k on it, now i’m at 75,000 and it’s singing beautifully. I change the oil every 15k outside ford service intervals. i did have to replace the clutch at 38,000 mins but that’s down to too many quick starts

the new 18 plate vans now have compulsory oil change every 15k as the injectors and ad blue system fail.

older euro 5 engines isn’t an issue but you see a dramatic drop in mpg if you leave it till 30k as recommended ( it actually costs you more in fuel over saving in service costs..... )
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby hughesyn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 am

woodbutcherbower wrote:squeezing 170PS from a 4-pot diesel seems to be pretty much on the limit of how far any manufacturer can push the output of a van engine.

Ford passenger cars are now available with 2.0 litre diesel engines with 190 hp single turbo or 240 hp twin turbo.

Obviously vans tend to do higher mileage and reliability is important. However, it would be nice to have the option of 240 ps diesel engine in a Transit.
2023 Mk8 DCIV 170 auto L3H2
hughesyn
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby glenandemm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:32 pm

i had my 15 plate 2.2 125 custom remapped by pendle performance on theyre rolling rd, was down on torque due to needing a regen but bhp was actually producing 130bhp.
after a regen and a remap he got 196bhp and torque had gone well up too.
drives so much better not having to put my foot down and the torque in very nice, just have to be careful ocasionally in roundabouts in the wet as it can light the tyres up but putting 20's on has helped that a tad :lol:
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mikey msrt » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:43 pm

I’ve just fitted a TDI tuning box to mine and difference is so noticeable, loads more torque and has made it so more driveable, no more having to keep changing down from 3rd to 2nd. It is a bit pricey at £460 but with the Bluetooth function it’s very user friendly,
Been removable was my reason for buying as mine is still under warranty and given the issues I’ve been having very necessary
Mikey msrt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom