*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

retrofit 12V socket in back

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: retrofit 12V socket in back

Postby sieade245 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Wow that's great news!! Glad I could help. I've done my bit for the internet today :-)
sieade245
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby davidspalton » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:54 pm

I’ve done this mod, but no power,
Any idea what fuse it needs and where?

Thanks

Dave
davidspalton

Postby sieade245 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:29 am

Ford-turneo-custom-2015-fuse-box-passeneger-compartment.jpg

F44 60 Auxiliary power point relay

F47 20 Auxiliary power point
F48 20 Rear auxiliary power points
F49 20 Front auxiliary power points

R2 Auxiliary power points

I'd try these. Can you take the 12V socket off and check voltage with a meter? I think power is removed after 30 mins/an hour after engine/ingition off. Mine is 30 mins, my mate has later van and is an hour. Can be changed using IDS/ forscan in BCM settings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sieade245
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby davidspalton » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Fuses in 47/48/49
There wasn’t one in 48 so added it but nothing
davidspalton

Postby topshelf » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:53 pm

OK, mine was a orange plug tapped to the wire loom just under the earth points as in the first picture, bought a ford plug, as per link, fitted straight in and powered up. This was on a 2015 limited spec van.
topshelf
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby davidspalton » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Yep Limited 2015 here as well.
Got the orange connector and plugged in a 12v cigarette adapter from Halfords, and put the fine in F48 (I think it was) and tried but no ball.
Unless the Halfords one is a dud
Not got the tools to test current

Hmm
davidspalton

Postby xjr41 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Just a quick add on to this. I have a 2016 Trend and it doesn't have the extra socket wiring in the back. I guess it was only limited and up.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
xjr41

Postby wild camper » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Hello xjr41
The harness extension with the little orange terminal on the end is well hidden little sucker
Mine was taped heavily to the main harness with just a small “loop” to get your finger in and pull
If it wasn’t for the earlier posts I would have given up!
You have to pull really hard to overcome the resistance of a few wraps of electrical tape
And put a lot of trust in that you’re not tearing/damaging the harness
I doubt that Ford would have a different harness for Trend and Limited?
Have another good look/ pull
It’s a very handy socket and worth the effort if you can separate the black tape to pull the “tail” through the access hole
Good luck
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby xjr41 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will have another look today. I did remove all the ply lining over the wheel arch as well and got in there , found one extra connector taped up but not the orange lighter plug.

xjr41

Postby wild camper » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi again
I may be mistaken about the colour of the end terminal, it’s a while since I did it, the connector that you buy might have the orange terminal ( check this long thread for the correct part number and hints about how to separate the outer sleeve and install that first)
Perhaps to make sure you can identify the correct “tail” and terminal connector is to have faith and buy the “cigarette lighter” first so that you know what the correct match is?
Just to ensure you’re looking in the correct place is to see the photo on page 1 by drzlog Mar 07 2017
I was confused as to exactly where it was because someone had mentioned “wheelarch “
The access hole is located offside (rhs) rear, down and near the back door hinge
The access hole is the larger oblong hole with rounded corners as seen in the photo, and the lower circular hole is for the “ cigarette lighter”
Most vans don’t have any ply lining covering the access hole
Best of luck! Let us know how you get on
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby xjr41 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:36 pm

I've got the ford lighter socket to fit, I had to replace the one in the front so bought two at the time. I read as many posts as I could before looking for it but still couldn't find it! I know what the socket looks like it's a 12 volt t socket but couldn't find one anywhere around the wheel arch or where the lighting loom runs up the offside. Will strip the van out again later and have a dig about and maybe pull cables a bit harder than I did at the time.

xjr41

Postby wild camper » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi again
I hope the photos are attached
It’s the first time I’ve ever tried
The “side on “ photo ( Number 2) shows the location of the access hole in relation to the bottom rhs back door hinge
I shoved my tape measure into the access hole to show where it is in relation to the bottom hinge
I tried to remove the socket to photo both male and female terminals and colour and the length of the harness “tail”, but I couldn’t prise it out without damaging it
I’m labouring the point about the location of the access hole and the taped up “tail” because I remember a lot of confusion about it’s location when I fitted mine
Just previewed the attached photos, it doesn’t help that the first photo is displayed 90degree out, the second photo is better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby xjr41 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:23 pm

No those lighter sockets won't come out without breaking the tabs. Nice idea by ford! It's about dark now to mess about in the back, will do it another day, spent all day building looms and wiring in a dash cam and reversing camera. Thanks for the photos, will definitely help.

xjr41

Postby brads67 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Fitted mine today (bought from link)

Used my camera to find the plug located just above the earthing points. Job jobbed.
brads67
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby JoeBull90 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:58 am

Hey all.

I’ve had the same problem, couldn’t find it. Took the side panel off, and checked all along the loom and nowhere to be found.

I found it hear. Tucked up about 4 inches it was taped to the lowest wire entering the light.

Follow the wire out of the bottom of the light with your right hand, put your left hand through the pictured hole and find the same wire you’re holding in with your right hand, feel along that small loom and it should be there. That’s where mine was.

Understand this might now work for everyone but it worked for me.

Good Luck.

Joe
JoeBull90

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom