*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

Postby Harlequin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:09 pm

devilman wrote:Mine sailed through in July too. Annoyingly I now have a yellow engine management light on intermittently. Apparently it's a faulty air intake temperature sensor. My erberspacher isn't working now either. It seems to have a fuel blockage. Not difficult to fix I hope. Wish they'd happened before the 3 year point :(

The heater issue sounds very much like the problem I had. The fix (done by Wellhouse early in 2018) was to change the fuel pickup for the heater. I was told that the design of this was changed after some problems with the earlier version which was in my 16 plate van. I haven't had any problems since. If this hasn't been sorted it might be worth checking if yours was converted in 2015/16.
Harlequin

Postby devilman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Harlequin wrote:
devilman wrote:Mine sailed through in July too. Annoyingly I now have a yellow engine management light on intermittently. Apparently it's a faulty air intake temperature sensor. My erberspacher isn't working now either. It seems to have a fuel blockage. Not difficult to fix I hope. Wish they'd happened before the 3 year point :(

The heater issue sounds very much like the problem I had. The fix (done by Wellhouse early in 2018) was to change the fuel pickup for the heater. I was told that the design of this was changed after some problems with the earlier version which was in my 16 plate van. I haven't had any problems since. If this hasn't been sorted it might be worth checking if yours was converted in 2015/16.

The erberspacher heater was fixed for me by Highland Campervans in Inverness. Something had caused the heater exhaust to touch the fuel inlet and air intake pipe under the van. It had melted through both of then. They were replaced and all now works just fine. Strangely and possibly because it is connected, the air intake temp management light hasn't come on since either. I'll be needing the heater this weekend so I'm glad it's all fixed 8)
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ExChefDiner7311 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:55 pm

I have an ongoing claim arising from my Wellhouse Terrier. I would suggest that owners have the entire wiring of the vehicle checked by a suitably qualified Engineer, for lack of grommets, cables forced through Fords original grommets rendering them damaged and therefore not protecting either Wellhouse or Ford Cables, Cables forced to the side of Ford Grommets and therefore pressed against the bodywork, cable routed alongside the handbrake and subject to chafing, Cable routed over the Eberspacher Heater exhaust and enclosed in a highly flammable sheathing. Etc,etc. - I have also had the same issues as others on top of all of that. - Roof opening whilst driving, cabinet rims coming away from the curved aperture corners several times, roof rubbing on front spoiler lip damaging the paintwork, damage caused to the roof lining by Wellhouse's engineer when he did the 'fix' for the roof opening, rain leaking into the vehicle etc, etc. I have an Expert Report which concludes with the opinion that the vehicle is a significant fire hazard and should not be used on a public road, or for habitation. So £47,500.00 has sat on our drive for nearly 2 years without moving.

If anybody is prepared to support my claim, by writing to me with your own problems, please get in touch.
ExChefDiner7311

Previous

Return to Transit Custom