*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Automatic climate control set

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Automatic climate control set

Postby mic71 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Thanks guys for your opinions.
Has anyone got anything positive to say about them?
I do around 40k a year and just can't seem to get the temperature right. I'm constantly having to play around with the controls of the manual system. When I saw this I thought great I can find a temperature I like and stick with it just like in the car.
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seikokid » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:28 pm

I think that overall it's an improvement over the manual. granted it's not as sensitive as an Audi / bmw unit but it is possible to get it right . I do around 500-1000 a week and always have it on auto . I'm very particular about stuff and am constantly setting up my tech stuff . I have found that the temp sens is not the best and when driving on motorways and steady faster speeds the same temp setting as around town does cool down. I find first trip in the car it blows red hot then finds its level and settles . For me 24.5 is the tipping point between cool and comfortable . 25+ can get too warm and less than 22 is generally too cool. Usually on a trip I adjust it several times but that can be over several hrs and I've never been one to enjoy car heat. Usually in a car I always have the fan on 1 and the temp around 18-20 most of the year . I prefer the auto to the manual as the manual is just a complete waste of time.
Not sure what the unit that fits on top of the dash is for though and I'm wondering if the tape that's meant to be put around the fan output motor makes a difference as I never fitted mine ??
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby aerialdave » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:04 am

Meyer automotive wrote:
BRAVO9992 wrote:
Meyer automotive wrote:It took me two hours, I did it myself in the same time I installed my brodit mobile holder charger. The most difficult was to get the upper part of the dash, were the display is in, fitted because the upper temperaturesensor was pushed out because of a part of the inner dash was in the way.

great news mate, now i know someone has fitted it themselves i'll order one

Here are the pictures of the parts i had to cut away. You also have to delete the two upper mountings were the old panel was attached.
DSC_1673.JPG

DSC_1672.JPG

DSC_1671.JPG

Roughly how long did it take to fit & was it just plug & play ?

Cheers
2014 custom sport
aerialdave
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!

Postby seikokid » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:47 am

so the probe that you drill into the top of the dash is a temp probe ? I imagine it was a light sensor ?
I thought the temp was monitored by the suction fan that fitted in the unit itself?
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Rugmuncher » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:17 am

Spend your money on something worth while, not this piece of crap climate control rubbish :roll:
Rugmuncher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Alar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:41 am

The temp sensor is in the unit itself. The sensor thats on top of the dash senses sunlight. When sun shines in from the front, the ac turns to a more powerful mode. I have to say that it works slow
125ps 310LWB Trend Powerty Edition
Alar
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Got this email from Perrys today, :lol: (what's a Tourney?)

"Dear Mr Spence,

Fancy an extra touch of comfort and luxury? You can now upgrade your manual air conditioning to Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)†.

Designed specifically for your Ford Transit Custom and Ford Tourney Custom, the Wölfle* Electronic Automatic Temperature Control upgrade gives you:

• Guaranteed comfort in deep winter or high summer - simply set your desired temperature
• Automatic regulation of the temperature, air distribution and ventilator speed in the cab
• A stylish digital interface for a more modern-looking interior

With 25% off the Recommended Retail Price until 30th November, you can upgrade to Electronic Automatic Temperature Control for only £255.00 (including fitting, excluding VAT).

Our Ford Motorcraft Service Promise to you
• We’ll only use quality Ford parts fitted by trusted Ford trained technicians
• Complimentary UK and European Roadside Assistance with every service
• All prices include parts, labour and VAT, as well as warranty on parts and labour
• Local price match guarantee* on servicing, repairs and tyres
• Free Wash and Vac with every service "
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby aerialdave » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:06 am

Climate all fitted didn't take long
Few pics
Stole it at £256 Inc vat
ImageImage
Sweet
2014 custom sport
aerialdave
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!

Postby mic71 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:31 am

Sweet indeed 8) .
How did you get it at that price?
Do they have any more do you know?
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby aerialdave » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:42 am

mic71 wrote:Sweet indeed 8) .
How did you get it at that price?
Do they have any more do you know?

My mate works there it was meant to be £333
Inc vodka & tonic

I saw Mike also got offered a good price from Perrys @ £250 + vat
2014 custom sport
aerialdave
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!

Postby mic71 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:54 am

I was convinced.
I got one from ford dealer £333 Inc vat.
Installed it myself and I am glad I did.
V happy with the result seems to work well and is a better look than the manual controls in my opinion.
I also upgraded the speaker system at the same time, see my other post's
I didn't really feel like driving a van to start with but now it feels more like I am driving a mid/high end SUV.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Automatic climate control set

Postby Alar » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:25 pm

More and more I use it, more convinced I am that the unit is a piece of sh_t. From temperatures +10 and below (all the way to todays -12C) Im cold on when driving on motorways. I keep the temp usually at 21. It warms up the cabin quick, but when hitting the motorway, it starts to blow almost cold air in the car. I havent measured the temp, but I can feel that it drops close to 17. The unit is so stupid, that it rather blows coldish air on higher speed than warm air at lower speed. On top of that my park heather has stopped working on timer. It works as aux heather when I start the car, but not on timer. Measured the voltages on batteries and charging. Everythings fine. Sick and tired of custom.
Alar
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mavericktc » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Alar wrote: I keep the temp usually at 21. It warms up the cabin quick, but when hitting the motorway, it starts to blow almost cold air in the car. I havent measured the temp, but I can feel that it drops close to 17. The unit is so stupid, that it rather blows coldish air on higher speed than warm air at lower speed.

That sounds like a mk7 on the motorway which probably have the same heater control as the custom have in standard trim.
I woudn't blame me ACC unit for that.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:42 pm

mavericktc wrote:That sounds like a mk7 on the motorway which probably have the same heater control as the custom have in standard trim.
I woudn't blame me ACC unit for that.

Standard Custom heating is very good, I hardly ever touch the temp control once it's warmed up. As you say the MK7 was shocking at keeping the temp stable.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Alar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:22 am

Yup, its not the car, its the unit. Turning it to HI gives me burning hot air wherever I drive.
Alar
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom