*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wet Kit Back Order?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Wet Kit Back Order?

Postby PlumberCol » Tue May 21, 2024 7:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have made the change from the mk6 to the custom 67 plate. I think I got a good deal first thing on the list was get the wet belt kit done. My garage that I have used for years went to order the kit only to be told by the ford parts guy these kits are on back order. It's been two weeks now and I'm starting to loose revenue from lack of van. The van has 95,000 and full history but not dealer. Should I risk taking and driving the van until the parts come or wait it out? Here I thought a big company like ford couuld support it's products better.
PlumberCol

Re: Wet Kit Back Order?

Postby metalworker0 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:24 pm

Only do that, if you can take the cover off and inspect it, and temporarily somehow seal it up ..as the front cover is "one use only" and part of the belt kit, ..no ones going to tell you here to take a risk with it. taking the cover off is the only way to make sure.

Plus there is a oil pump belt to change as well. and a one use nut or is it a bolt ..

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby PlumberCol » Tue May 21, 2024 8:42 pm

Hi Metalworker0, thanks for your reply.

If you knew how much the cover is disfigured when removed you wouldn't recommend sealing it back up. I'm aware of whats involved in the kit right down to the tell tail hole in the bottom of the oil belt guard. What I really wanted to know is if anybody else has had their wet belt "kit" on back order from ford?
PlumberCol

Postby metalworker0 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:18 pm

what's this tell tail hole ..please share.

all he best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby PlumberCol » Tue May 21, 2024 10:23 pm

Hi Metalworker0

Thanks for your interest in my post.

There is a tell tail drain hole in the the oil pump belt guard. Good clean oil will flow on through but once you have foreign material (wet belt) blocking this hole the guard must fill prior to return to sump. At least a couple of cans of brake/clutch cleaner is required to do the job correctly.

Any comment on the back order of wet kits?
PlumberCol

Postby metalworker0 » Wed May 22, 2024 12:58 am

Ford like the word back-order ..means they have no idea, almost every item I've ordered from them have been on back order....least they didn't say out of stock.
it may be a way for them to consolidate a lot of items into one delivery van ..say heading west ..when the vans full ..only then does it move, for instance: delivers all its items en route to the furthest point...like between Chester and Holyhead.
Even ordering stuff off ford directly through ebay has a delay..like 6 - 7 days before they even dispatch it.

They must do things in batches to save money. and use the word "back order" when what it really means is what i said above .

All the best...mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby andz327 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:15 am

Try these guys , I use them plenty of times for belt and chain kits for various makes of vehicles and use ULTRA PARTS kits as they use original genuine Ford parts in kits

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274766556377 ... media=COPY

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby PlumberCol » Wed May 22, 2024 9:04 am

andz327 wrote:Try these guys , I use them plenty of times for belt and chain kits for various makes of vehicles and use ULTRA PARTS kits as they use original genuine Ford parts in kits

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274766556377 ... media=COPY

Thanks for your help andz327, I went down this route once I found out about the ford back order status on the wet belt kit but my garage said they wouldn't warranty any kit other than direct from ford. They have had difficulty with online company warranty claims.
PlumberCol

Postby Damian Kimmins » Sun May 26, 2024 7:42 am

You can inspect it by removing the oil filler pipe.
I was told by Ford Stafford during a service that my timing belt was hanging on by a couple of threads on the join. Not being able to afford the £1200 to get it done I didn't. I couldn't my van with do not drive notes all over the interior. I booked it in to get it done ASAP, but on the morning it was supposed to have been started Ford withdrew all parts relating to timing belt change. I did it myself on the driveway and on removal the belt looked totally fine.
Damian Kimmins
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby andz327 » Fri May 31, 2024 4:13 pm

That kit is genuine Ford parts

andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Custom