*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

new member trouble code p1212

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

new member trouble code p1212

Postby akydawn » Mon May 06, 2024 10:31 am

hi every one i have a mk8 transit 2.0 ecoblue it wont start there is a trouble code p1212 it turns over but just wont fire up
if i use easy start it will fire up for a second or so does any one have any ideas
i have checked there is fuel getting to the injectors, also i have cracked each injector fuel line to bleed it still nothing any ifo would be appreciated
akydawn

Re: new member trouble code p1212

Postby metalworker0 » Mon May 06, 2024 12:59 pm

Well with all these fault codes its a matter of googling them .
and this is what it brings up, in the absence of a full on diagnostic technician ..umm you are just going to be checking things or replacing things-- sorry this is the best..i can do.

extracts follow:

The codes P1211 and P1212 are for the ICP sensor that is mounted on the drivers side cylinder head near the fuel filter/water separator. This sensor tells the ECU(Engine Computer) what the high pressure oil is at PSI. If the ECU does not see ICP pressure, it will not start.

I Then FOUND THIS IN DEPTH EXPLANATION -very technical ..but it explains why engine oil level important:

Ford Diesels use oil pressure to drive the high pressure fuel injection system. The engine oil pump not only pumps oil to lubricate engine components, but also pumps oil into a reservoir to be used by the high pressure oil pump.
The high pressure oil pump pulls oil from the reservoir and raises the pressure to the point where it can pop open the injectors. The high pressure pump also increases the pressure of the diesel fuel so it can inject into the cylinders and vaporize quickly.
The oil pressure generated by the high pressure oil pump is regulated by an electric solenoid that is pulsed by the PCM. As this Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) solenoid is powered and de-powered, a small shaft moves back and forth, allowing spurts of oil to flow into the high pressure oil lines The IPR can regulate pressures in excess of 3,000psi. The high pressure oil moves from the pump to the cylinder head through braided steel lines.

The PCM fires the diesel fuel injectors by energizing a solenoid coil in the injector. Unlike gas fuel injectors where the solenoid lifts a pintle off a seat to allow pressurized fuel to flow into the cylinder, the solenoid in Ford diesel fuel injectors allows high pressure oil to flow. Think of this like a doctor’s syringe. The pressurized oil pushes on the plunger of the syringe to “inject” the fuel through the injector and into the cylinder. Since the minimum psi required to open the injectors is 400psi, the PCM monitors the actual pressure of the oil going to the injector with an Injection Control Pressure (ICP) sensor. Using data from the ICP sensor, the PCM can adjust the pulse rate to the IPR.

what you can do:

Description : P1212 FORD Injector Control Pressure Not Detected During Crank
Possible causes :
– Faulty Injector Control Pressure Sensor
– Injector Control Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
– Injector Control Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Solutions :
– Carry out a Reset via CarDiag
– Choose a better quality fuel
– Check that the tank cap is securely closed
– Check the oil level and add more if it is lower than MAX
– Restart an Automatic diagnostic via CarDiag
– If the fault persists, you can check the “Possible causes” listed above : visually inspect (by yourself or by a professional) the wiring harness and the associated connectors, check for damaged components, and look for broken, bent, pushed, or corroded connector pins.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits