*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Under seat loose wire???

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Under seat loose wire???

Postby Stevehessex02 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

Please would somebody be able to tell me where this wire which is attached to this strange piece of thin metal, where does it go - where is it’s proper home please. I found it today when I took the drivers seat out to look at the batteries. It looks like it slots in somewhere but where, and importantly is it positive or negative. Tonight I’ve left it off but is this ok to do this, ive no idea so would be grateful if any body could point me in the right direction?
Thanks and best regards Steve
Ps found a pepper pig plate behind the seat so used this to great effect hilighting this wire for the piccy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stevehessex02

Re: Under seat loose wire???

Postby Airthies » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:47 am

No idea what age, model or type of van you've got.

The twin battery setup doesn't look factory but can't see the positive leads you've covered with the plate so have no idea if they are aftermarket or if someone has butchered the previous battery clamps so much that they've fitted an aftermarket ones, that they've then proceeded to snap or cut the terminal post off and put the wires into the pinch bolts

I suspect it's a 2012-> vehicle but FWD as that'd be std single battery and has battery monitor plug for smart charging.

So this will likely be a leasure battery setup?
Is it a split charge system or foes it have battery to battery charger?

The wire you are questioning looks like it should bolt to an original twin battery setup so likely not used for your single battery system.

Sent using crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits