*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Brake Warning Light

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Brake Warning Light

Postby PeeWee14 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi Everyone

Could you offer some advice?

I have a 2018 transit (Motorhome) and it has just developed an annoying problem!

When I set off from a standstill about 2 seconds after releasing the clutch and the vehicle starts moving, a red Brake Fluid Warning Message flashes up really quickly, What is even stranger is the interior light flashes on and the radio mutes both of these things happen for a quick second then the vehicle drives normally.

It only does it from a standstill start and is fine otherwise.

I had an Autowatch ghost immobiliser fitted 3 days ago, so naturally I am thinking these are linked , but would like to know if anyone else has any thoughts as I need to decide if to take it back to the place who fitted the ghost or book it in with ford?
PeeWee14

Re: Brake Warning Light

Postby loot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Likely an interruption from the ghost somehow, Ford will tell you to reverse anything that has been done before the fault occurred anyway so take it to the installer, he'll disconnect the loom to the ghost to see if the fault occurs etc, logical conclusion.

Usual suspects are batteries and ignition switch which can cause lots of weird goings on. That's its because the modules need good power to operate correctly.

Could be a short or bad earth etc.
A 2018 motorhome shouldn't be suffering bad power really but if it didn't do this before and Everything is correct and no broken wires etc then you have to assume it is the ghost. Maybe it has some kind of watchdog security monitoring the brake and clutch?
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby hughesyn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Your alarm system is plugged into the CAN bus.
This is the data connection between the various modules that control things on the vehicle.

It sounds like the alarm system is putting some dodgy data on the bus, which is being picked up by the modules causing them to do weird stuff.

Your alarm fitter should sort it out.
2023 Mk8 DCIV 170 auto L3H2
hughesyn
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby PeeWee14 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys,

I think I have solved it, I will add it here in case anyone searches for it in the future.

With the ghost you turn on the ignition and enter the code, 2 seconds later the indicators flash twice which means its disarmed and you can fire it up. It seems in my impatience I haven't been waiting for the 2 flashes, I have entered the code then immediately fired it up. When I do it this way I get the fault, if I disarm properly and wait for the flashes all is ok!

So it seems its all ok , will see how it goes.
PeeWee14

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits