*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

heat timer?

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

heat timer?

Postby erling » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Hey so i recently got an almost brand new transit (25000 km mileage) at work, so i guess it's like an '17 or '18 model and i just discovered the dash computer has something called "heat timer" which i dialed in to 6 in the morning, and while it was nice to have a warm cab in the frosty scandinavian fall, it just kept heating it through the day which really wasn't necessary, so i was just wondering if there was a way to turn it off a few hours after it starts? Preferably automatically

Also, is there any way to force the car to do the turn off thing when you place it in neutral and depress the clutch without manually turning the car off with the key?

Cheers
erling

Re: heat timer?

Postby hughesyn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:21 am

The auxiliary heater is a rare factory fit option in the UK, so not many people will know how it works.

Looking at the manual and YouTube videos, it looks like you set the start time only. When you turn on the ignition that turns off the heater.

I guess if you set the timer and then don't use the vehicle, it does just stay on.
It will cut out when you've only got 16 litres of fuel left :D
2023 Mk8 DCIV 170 auto L3H2
hughesyn
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits