*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Custom 150w Socket install info

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Transit Custom 150w Socket install info

Postby DazzaB » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:49 am

Morning all. I own a 67 plate 2.0 Eco Blue Transit Custom, which I'm in the starting stages of converting the back into a camper/living space.
Moving forward I'll obviously want to fit electrics in the back. I've been searching on google and can't really find the information I need.

My van is already equipped with a 150w socket under the hand brake. I've been trying to find this information on google, but it all links back to custom leisure battery installs.

What equipment do ford fit as standard for this socket to work? Leisure battery/inverter etc?

Am I able to link in and integrate my electrics for the back onto this? Or should I just start a fresh install of an extra leisure battery and connections for my install?
I'm not having a crazy install in the back. I'd like a couple of lights on a dimmer switch ideally as I hate bright lights, a couple sockets that I can charge my MacBook/phone, and the possibility to add a small 12v condenser fridge and maybe 500w microwave. which would hardly get used.
Ill only be staying in the van 1/2 nights a week, which will get driven a fair bit in-between sleep.

Thanks, in advanced, and I appreciate any info you supply!
DazzaB

Re: Transit Custom 150w Socket install info

Postby Blizz » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:13 pm

The stock inverter is not worth anything...

Do your install from the CCP and plug a DC-DC charger and leisure battery from there.

Cheers,

David
Blizz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions