*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What did you do to your connect today?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: What did you do to your connect today?

Postby dixieds » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:57 pm

IMG_1999[1].JPG
Finally got the dash to work after a replacement part :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dixieds
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby dixieds » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:58 pm

IMG_2001[1].JPG
one seat in too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dixieds
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby u076216 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Added some "items" for Camping:

1.jpg

Fitted some Transit ventilation plates on my Connect (Frankenstein style)

2.jpg

Added a small Table for Drinks and small Money to my "Camping Block"

3.jpg

Added a arm rest to my "Sofa"

4.jpg

Left side Board with two Fans, a USB socket and some LED Lights

5.jpg

Right side Board with filing for Smartphone and my googles, another USB socket, more installed LED and a LED with Akku witch can be removed.

Have a nice day.
Matthias
u076216
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby u076216 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:26 pm

6.jpg

Board over the sliding door with another two LED (can be switched between cold white and blue) and connectors and switch for the Fan (next Projekt) in the window of the slideing door.
Have a nice day.
Matthias
u076216
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Peya88 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Rust removal
Peya88

Postby mgcrazykev » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:22 am

dieselboy1978 wrote:Washed my van and fitted new style rear lights and got some new front headlights to fit.

How can I get hold of these headlights, love them.
mgcrazykev

Postby Posse » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 pm

I didn't exactly do all this today, but here goes the slight mods I've done since I bought the car last year:

I drilled into the railing on the roof to mount 2 x Rigid D-series reversing lamps. I often load/unload equipment into the car and wanted lights that could stay on even when the car is not in reverse.

I wrapped the cable in a shrink hose and pulled it down behind the right back light, and through with the other cables without cutting any rubber or drilling any holes in the car itself.

I soldered onto the power outlet in the back as these LEDs don't draw too much power by themselves - aswell as this outlet is powered when the ignition is off and the car is locked.

Cables to the switch went inside the roof beams and to the switch above the driver seat.

I also just tapped into the original interior light as I want something to turn on when I open a door, and then push a button when I need more light inside.

Recently I installed a Pioneer TS-WH500A flat sub using the guide I found on here. Soldered onto the existing speaker outputs and pulled the signal + power in separade tubes from the center console.

I piggybacked (am I using the term correctly?) continous power from a 20A fuse, and some control power from another 7,5A that turns on when I turn the key to power the sub on and off. I lost the single page in the manual that list wich fuse is what since I've been messing so much around in there, and the fact that this works is a result of a lot of trial and error.

For now this sub is "mounted" to the floor with some heavy duty 3M 2-way velcro that I often use for camera equipment. Maby I'll put a strap in there aswell, but the edge in front of the sub makes me believe it won't cut my feet off if I crash unless I go airborne upon impact, and in that case I've got at least 99 more problems.

All light bulbs are now 6000K LED lights, interior x 3 in the cabin, reversing lights, directional lights and headlights - the latter after some modest adjustments using a hacksaw - on the cooling ribs of the LED bulbs. No Ford Transit Connects were harmed in the process. A bit difficult to fit the left fog light (H11) but after verbal abuse those lights are also 6000K.

I dropped the idea of mounting a front guard to accomodate a LED bar, as the brackets I found didn't put the bar too far ahead. (This picture is before the other halogen bulbs were changed)

This is a Lazer Linear 18 Elite.

I tapped onto the high beam cables for control current when I use the original high beams to activate the LED bar.

Sorry about the flies. Just got back from a trip across the country.
Posse

Postby dixieds » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:51 pm

very nice mods to your van
dixieds
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby HMW transport » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:14 pm

New user first post...
Got myself a -19 transit connect.
Started off with painting a few parts.
Later I mounted coils.
19” alloys are on order and should arrive shortly.
HMW transport

Postby Posse » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:47 pm

Some modest 17" rims to get rid of the stock tyres.

2019-08-20 11.15.59-s.jpg
Posse

Postby blue estate » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:07 pm

Yesterday and today
Changed turbo bellows , Air filter , Air box to turbo pipe , wheel nuts , steering wheel and radio
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby KeithC » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:23 am

I wiped up the sequential puddles of rainwater that accumulated in the passenger footwell today.
I don't have pictures of that, pretty much looked like what you're thinking.
Happily that pudding appears to have stopped.
Puddling was due to a shower catching me short while the cowl, water channel and pollen filter mount were out as part of The Great Van Clean 2020.

Image Image Image
Yet more free compost! (Van came with topsoil too).....You can see where I stopped cleaning for the evening.

Image Image Image Image
Gnarly perished foam seal. Quick bath for the cowl. Sheeny shiny!........New neoprene seal.

Putting new neoprene on what was a manky bit of plastic. This was (and still is) just soooo damn satisfying.
All the way down to the bones wholesome. It's like a crowning touch to all the good cleaning and scrubbing and cussing. Looking factory fresh!
Aaaand then I made the air filter fit.
Yes, I know. Could have sent it back. Could have ordered the right bloody part in the first place. Could have opened a dispute. Could have done a lot of things. I didn't. I did this.

Next up: Cleaning the blower motor fins and getting the wiper arms off (The wiper arms really do not want to come off...). This might seem excessive, pedantic, obsessive even, but the van has been driving around on an oil leak for God knows how long and it STINKS. Engine block was basically painted in oil, hardly a spot of rust on it! But bloody hell it whiffs when it gets warm. The oil leak has been repaired (so far so good...) and I'm now just wiping out as much of the engine bay and cabin air path as I can before putting the new filter in.
This fan was bloody filthy. I think it was regularly parked overnight in a muddy puddle by the previous owner. Good runner, but every square inch is covered in a film of some sort of grot or another. Probably about 15 hours of cleaning gone into it so far and the cab still needs a proper deep clean.
:arrow: 2007 Transit Connect 220 Hi-Top.
193,000 km, still rolling and rattling.

MK1 Focus air intake
Clean engine bay
Bulkhead
Yet to do:
Custom centre console
Deadmat
Plyline
De-rust & respray skirts
Clean Air Intake Manifold
Waxoyl underside
KeithC
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby blue estate » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Swapped the steels over for mk2.5 Focus Zetec alloys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby doebag » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:12 pm

Traded the 11 plate Tourneo Connect for a 19 plate Courier van. The old girl served us well, but was going to get expensive, so time for her to go.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ucmanster » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:15 pm

finaly a new steering wheel :)
ucmanster
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Connect