*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Internal air circulation problem

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Internal air circulation problem

Postby Laczko » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:26 am

Hello! I am new here. I have an older problem. I saw the same problems on the internet with several car brands, but I couldn't find a solution. I have a Ford Tourneo Connect (2015) and I think the indoor air circulation is not working well. I've been to several service centers, but they couldn't help... The car has automatic air conditioning. If I want the bad air to stay outside, for example in the city, and I press the recirc button, it turns off after a very short time. (Whichever way the air is directed.) And I have to turn it on again and again. It does not automatically switch back even in automatic mode. I think this is a very dangerous process. In the summer, when the outside temperature is high, the switch remains inside in the internal circulation position.
I also don't understand why Ford disables the A/C when the temperature outside is around zero degrees Celsius. In such cases, I used the air conditioner in my older cars for dehumidification in the winter and it worked excellently. You can read on the internet that, supposedly for reasons of life and accident protection, Ford switches off the internal circulation with a sensor so that the air does not run out and the windows do not fog up. If so, how does fresh air get into the car when the air conditioner is turned off? No way! (Unless you roll down the window...) In this case, the incoming vent is not open. In this case, in winter, when the air conditioner is turned off, the warm air from the radiator does not reach the passenger compartment and fogging starts because the fan does not work either... Is there anyone who can give me advice on my problem?
Laczko

Re: Internal air circulation problem

Postby metalworker0 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:15 pm

All i know - general answer that isn't connect specific .

Modern air conditioning systems have motorised flaps built into the unit , it is common for them to fail ..as they are often made cheaply with plastic gears in them. this is common to all cars and vans not just ford

The reason for the dis-interest from garages to fix them is that fixing them is a real pain in the arse ..requiring hours of work ..sometimes dash board removal. and sometimes about the biggest most involved repair you can carry out on any vehicle..often more difficult than an engine swap in time and aggro.

Sometimes these flaps can be got at without a lot of work ...they will be self contained units bolted onto the ac unit, and can be accessed from within the footwells... i don't know if the connect is like that!

As the AC not working when it cold out side ..i suppose they have set a limit ...as the AC condenser will freeze up in such conditions. or flaps not opening make it freeze up and the sensors detect this and shut it down.

i would imagine that plugging diagnostic equipment into the van will give you a general idea that there is something wrong with the system ...but not pin point it .

Anyway ..there is good chance system is all remote controlled with these motorised flaps ..and no direct linkage ..so any fault with these will result in the problems you are having.

Diagnostics - ..sometimes the little gearboxes can be heard clicking constantly ..that is a sure sign that one of these has failed. this is the broken cogs skipping over each other .

search for parts diagram of AC unit belonging to your vehicle to confirm the above .

al the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby metalworker0 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:38 pm

if this is the right one it has part number DV6Z-19B555-N -for whole assembly

there are 4 motors that control flaps, see diagram below:

6 Motor. Actuator.
12 Motor. Actuator.
20 HVAC Air Adjustment Control Motor
21 - Motor. Actuator.

complete unit so you know what it looks like fully assembled
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295612952225?

skill level to remove this unit ...or remove dash to get to it if that is required will be right up there ...would be a Haynes 5 spanner job

skill level if you can get at the offending motor without removing the dash would be low.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby metalworker0 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:49 pm

On youtube today ..all i said with some visual information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCHX2aUx0Hs&t=15s

i know you've not been back to thank me, which sort of makes my mind up that i may not respond to your next problem ..but the information i gave is for everyone.

so..

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Connect