*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Transit Connect Passanger Door Wont Open! Help needed

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Ford Transit Connect Passanger Door Wont Open! Help needed

Postby Heatlord » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:02 pm

So this is the issue.

Passenger door wont open on a Ford Transit Connect 2010.
There is no external key lock on that side.
I have lubed every inch that I can reach from above with the window down so I can visually see close to the lock/latch assembly
I am not able to access much of the lock from inside the van as is almost impossible to remove the door cover due to the glove box and the rest of the van console being in the way.
The cable that runs from the door handle to the door lock/latch assembly seems to have tension but when pulled does not open the door.
All the other doors open albeit a pain in the butt at times. (Story for another time)

Someone must have has this happen to themselves with a Ford before surly? But can I find anyone who has... nope

So how does anyone unlock a car when the latch is clamped down and not releasing?

I do not think it would be even possible out remove the lock/latch assembly from inside as the bolts that hold it are by the latch which are only accessible when the door is open.

Anyway you can all see my dilemma... anyone have the answer?
Heatlord

Re: Ford Transit Connect Passanger Door Wont Open! Help need

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:10 pm

You could wind the window down and physically pull and push on the door whilst someone is operating the key fob ..it may jar it loose..cant think of anything else.other than coat hanger wire down the side of the window glass hoping to hook something that releases it.

You'll be able to see what there is on the drivers side perhaps ..and know what you've got to hook onto.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Ford Transit Connect Passanger Door Wont Open! Help need

Postby Heatlord » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:09 pm

Hey Mark,

I did actually remove the drivers side panel as well earlier today to get a look at what I am working with.

It seems everything is contained within the latch other than the small hook that the door handle wire is connect to (like a bike brake cable) however it feels like it has tension.

I will however try to see if I can hook onto the same location as the cable but I have a feeling its more to do with the lock being seized itself around the door hook.

Regards
David
Heatlord

Return to Transit Connect