*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Help needed - 1.8 Tddi Crank,no start - FICM swaped

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Help needed - 1.8 Tddi Crank,no start - FICM swaped

Postby Petar92 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:00 pm

Hello!

I will try to explain short and clear the situation, issues, and what I have tried so far.

1. Bought the Transit Connect 2006 1.8 Tddi without fuel pump controller - PSG. Did all services and installed new parts( chain,belt, water pump, plugs,etc..) d
2. Bought fuel pump controller module from company that refurbishes them, bought as "tested, 100% ok". Got a table with some pat codes with it.. installed it, and primed filter, pump, hoses...

3. When I try to start the car, on ignition I hear a 1 second buzz comming from fuel pump. Cranks, wont start. Starts with breakcleaner sprayed in air inlet. no fuel on injector pipes.
4. I have Forscan, shows code U0105 - no connection to ficm module. When I probe the big black connector on the pump, pin7 gets power only for a second when on ignition, then gets back to 0, and I hear relay clicking twice (on and off).
5. Tried different relay, checked all fuses under the hood and under the steering wheel.
6. Tried to do module initialisation with Forscan, I get "Clearing remote imobiliser module interupted" after a few steps.

Please let me know if you see something obvious I might be doing wrong or suggest a solution I can try.
Thank you so much!!
Best regards, Petar
Petar92

Re: Help needed - 1.8 Tddi Crank,no start - FICM swaped

Postby metalworker0 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:26 pm

i know nothing about modules or forscan

but if it was mine id be, filling the fuel filter to the top and cracking the injector pipes open to bleed it of air .

before i even bothered with the above

The connect does not have a fuel pump to pump fuel from the tank ..it relies on the high pressure pump to draw it from there ..which sometimes causes problems when you've had the system apart.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Connect