*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Alarms go off when I am inside it. How to stop it?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Alarms go off when I am inside it. How to stop it?

Postby Transit-man-van » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:42 pm

2007 connect.

I have been reading the manual and didn't figure out a way yet.

I want to sleep in it (vanlife) however if I lock the doors while inside and move around a bit then the alarms will go off.

How to be able to lock it and still be inside?

The back doors can stay locked but even by manually locking the front doors from the inside that mans the alarms.

I would still like the benefit of having the alarm, when I am not at the vehicle, just not when inside.

I have read mentioned, including on the ford website itself, though not specifically for the connect, a feature called 'reduced guard' which is common on vehicles which seems to be what I am looking for however there is no mention of this in the user manual.
Transit-man-van
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Alarms go off when I am inside it. How to stop it?

Postby bortaf » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:47 pm

i take it you have the sensors in the int light ?
i ask cos my 2003 doesn't and i dont have any issue sleeping in mine ?
Current fleet
Mk7 transit ambulance
Mk1 tourneo connect
Mk1 Mondeo 1.8 STD
Mk5 fiesta 1.25
Fusion 1.4TDCi
bortaf
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Transit-man-van » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:46 am

bortaf wrote:i take it you have the sensors in the int light ?
i ask cos my 2003 doesn't and i dont have any issue sleeping in mine ?

Hi. I have no idea I only just got it last week.

You mean the interior light? I know next to nothing about vehicles or this van and am learning as I go.

I have been reading up online and there is precious little. I see reduced guard would be what I would want but the manual says nothing about that so seems I would just have to find another solution. So are you saying I could just somehow disconnect something in the interior light to stop it?

Oh I see this. It says don't cover the sensors. So in this case I could simply find out where the sensors are and cover them when I want to sleep in the van and uncover them when I wanted to have the normal functioning of the alarm while away from it. That would be a simple fix if so.
Transit-man-van
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Altransit » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:44 am

In some vehicles, the sensors are either side of the interior light, in some others, they are at the top of the windscreen A pillars.
Not sure about yours, but in later vehicles, the interior scan can be disabled in the alarm settings menu :idea:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Transit-man-van » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:19 pm

Altransit wrote:In some vehicles, the sensors are either side of the interior light, in some others, they are at the top of the windscreen A pillars.
Not sure about yours, but in later vehicles, the interior scan can be disabled in the alarm settings menu :idea:

Hi, a belated thanks for the information. I was looking around for them a couple of weeks ago for about half an hour or more then suddenly they were staring me in the face as two little microphone looking things, one either size of the windscreen in each corner. Also a little device on the left which flashed red.

Now another issue has arisen, in face the opposite one! After covering them a couple of times and it not setting off the alarms the alarm now no longer seems to work at all and the red light no longer flashes. I don't know what has happened there. I don't see how covering could them could have caused that. I am guessing that it was merely a coincidence and somehow it has been totally deactivated by some other means. Any ideas there?

Is there much point of having an alarm at all? Does it have much real life efficacy these days? I don't know...If not I don't mind having it left off.
Transit-man-van
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect