*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Connect 2011 leaking coolant water

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit Connect 2011 leaking coolant water

Postby marcusperala » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:37 pm

Hi,

My Transit Connect is leaking a litte bit of coolant water and I need help identifying what the part is called where the leak is coming from.

The leak is coming from a black plastic connection where the hose is connected. Located near the fuel rail.

Anyone what this part is called?

Thx!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marcusperala
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Transit Connect 2011 leaking coolant water

Postby metalworker0 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:42 pm

it's the thermostat housing elbow, once leaking you have to buy the whole thing, the elbow plus the housing, there is a gasket and or an o-ring in there ..but because of age of plastic ..the whole housing will probably fall to pieces or crack when you try to dismantle and may be cracked somewhere already ..so probably best buy the lot complete with the thermostat.
Note: there are several different versions of this housing ..so be careful when you order it ..prices from ebay NEW - as low as £12 ..ford dealership - probably over £100

I would not buy a used one off ebay ..even if genuine

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Transit Connect 2011 leaking coolant water

Postby marcusperala » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:52 pm

metalworker0 wrote:it's the thermostat housing elbow, once leaking you have to buy the whole thing, the elbow plus the housing, there is a gasket and or an o-ring in there ..but because of age of plastic ..the whole housing will probably fall to pieces or crack when you try to dismantle and may be cracked somewhere already ..so probably best buy the lot complete with the thermostat.
Note: there are several different versions of this housing ..so be careful when you order it ..prices from ebay NEW - as low as £12 ..ford dealership - probably over £100

I would not buy a used one off ebay ..even if genuine

all the best.mark

Thanks for the info! I will try ordering a new one from Ebay.
marcusperala
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect