*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Removing lock Barrels when the barrel is broken

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Removing lock Barrels when the barrel is broken

Postby rebloom » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:43 pm

Hi guys
OK I know when removing a barrell you press in the pin after turning the key. However I spent 2 hours this morning at the garage and all the springs are broken on the barrels (I have the key but it doesnt work and i even got one cut from the code) I turn the key every which way but the butotn wont press in. I have a new set of barrels ready to replace them and I know it would normally be an easy task but we just cannot get that button to go in so is there any other way of taking out the barrels. (I did get the back door one out but want to do the rest).

I know there are many posts and videos showing how to replace barrels but on every one of them the button works... NOT on mine

Many thanks if anyone has any ideas
rebloom

Re: Removing lock Barrels when the barrel is broken

Postby nottooloud » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:56 pm

You and me both. Bought a 2010 Transit Connect, manual locks all around. Ignition key doesn't work on either driver's side door. Passenger door lock was barely functional. Bought a complete set of locks. Back door and passenger door very easy. Can't find the button for the passenger slider, and of course the driver's side buttons don't work without a functional key.

Drill it out?

Dynamite?
nottooloud

Postby Kenton » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:49 pm

Welcome to the forum m8. Can you let us know what year your van is, it will help loads getting a reply from someone who has any knowledge :wink:
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby rebloom » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:54 pm

Kenton wrote:Welcome to the forum m8. Can you let us know what year your van is, it will help loads getting a reply from someone who has any knowledge :wink:

Thanks
Apologies its an old but running excellent 06 t220 connect Managed to get the back door one out but all others wont budge at all
rebloom

Postby Sir Rhet P Chello MD » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:07 pm

Right. I resorted to buying an angle grinder and a diamond tipped cutting wheel. I undid the three Tory screws holding the lock mechanism in place and pulled the barrel through out through the door skin as far as it would come. It then took about 30 seconds to cut the front of the barrel off, meaning it could now be taken out of the door with the rest of the mechanism. I have got through 3 metal drill bits trying to get the rest of the barrel out but still in the process......
Sir Rhet P Chello MD

Return to Transit Connect