*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ABS problem

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

ABS problem

Postby Skydiver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:42 pm

I wonder if anyone can help with an ABS problem I have on my 2004 Transit Connect.

Took van for MOT a few months ago which it passed and then on the way home the ABS light came on and has not went off. Brakes work fine except for ABS.

Drove long for a few months ignoring it and all was fine until the brake system light (handbrake light) became illuminated one night. This light goes out when you turn the vehicle off but comes on and stays on when you drive away at about 10mph.

At this point I decided to try and cure the problem as they have become annoying.

A kwik kit diagnostic showed an issue with the front right abs sensor, therefore I replaced it but there was no change to the illuminated lights.

I then changed the wheel bearing (fitted correctly with abs ring on the inside face for the sensor to pick up but it has made no difference to the illuminated lights.

I am now flumuxed and don't know what to do.

Any comment or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Skydiver

Re: ABS problem

Postby knobby1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Have you changed tyres recently..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: ABS problem

Postby Skydiver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:50 am

No I haven't changed tyres recently but wheel have been on and off
Skydiver

Return to Transit Connect