*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2005 transit connect tdci p0251

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: 2005 transit connect tdci p0251

Postby paul2012 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Trav wrote:Thanks.

This one really has me scratching my head. Plenty fuel pressure crank and cam sensors ok. Don’t seem to be getting anything off of the map sensor when cranking and my code reader isn’t picking up data from the MAf even when I bridge the terminals on the plug. The map does work when apply vacuum but when cranking it sits steady at 97kpa.

Could it be possible low compression meaning no suction?

Connect 1.8 TDCI from 2003-2006 (Delphi fuel system). Are NOT equipped with MAF sensors (Mass airflow sensor) :!:
Sensor on air filter box is a IAT (inlet air temp) sensor. They do have MAP sensor located on bulkhead next to brake master cylinder.

Faulty these will not result in engine non start. - Although a faulty CKP or CMP sensor would prevent engine start.

Trav wrote:The fault code has disappeared since getting the fuel system bled. From what I have gathered someone else has been poking about the van and he had been cracking injector pipe to check for fuel draining the system. I now have no fault codes but on the odd occasion the glow plug light flashes but no code are logged.

350-450 bar fuel pressure but it has been as high as 550 bar and still no start.

I have noticed on the live data that the MAP sensor value doesn’t budge it does when vacuum or positive pressure applied during test. Just sits steady at 97kpa but from experience vehicles usually start with a u/s MAP sensor, just run a bit lumpy or smokey.

***NOTE*** Fuel pressure should be greater than 1050 Bar (15228 PSI) - after 5 second of engine cranking. :!:

As you've posted that you're only getting around 350 - 400 Bar (5076.3 - 5801.5 PSI). I would advise to get replacement fuel pump, injectors & fuel filter fitted. :idea:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: 2005 transit connect tdci p0251

Postby Trav » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Ok thank you for the information. Unfortunately I have had to come back overseas for work I will get a crack at it sometime again in the new year. And give full closure when it’s done.

Nothing worse than when forum topics aren’t closed out.

Thanks again
Trav
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Transit Connect