*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Steering wheel

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Steering wheel

Postby barrymanifold » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:59 pm

How do folks,
i've finally got my connect up and running,and have just had it tested.Few bulbs,hand brake adjustment,nothing much really.
The one thing i need to do,is get another steering wheel,as mine is manky,and clags to my hands. I'm sure someone said Fiesta
wheel fits,the ST one,being a straight swap.Not interested in a fancy steering wheel,and i'm not paying daft money for the dubious
pleasure.There are loads of tidy standard Fiesta steering wheels,in the local salvage yard,for the princely sum of 15 quid,so can
anyone tell me,if i can use one of those on my van,and will my van airbag fit the Fiesta steering wheel. My van is a 07 plate,and
the steering wheels i've seen,are on 54 to 56 plate Fiestas. Cheers.
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Steering wheel

Postby Kenton » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:17 am

If it's the same wheel as the fiesta ones you have seen, it's a straight swap. Use your original centre part of the wheel which has the air bag, and just swap the wheel over. Done it on mine, and mines an 05 on a 54' plate, with a 56' plate fiesta zetec wheel. Still leather wrapped, but with no ST logo on the brushed alloy spoke at the bottom.
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Steering wheel

Postby barrymanifold » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks for your help mate,it's appreciated. I'll get one today,and swap it over.
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect