*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Auxillary heater problems

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Auxillary heater problems

Postby ChrGrVoy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Hi.
Could someone please help me out with a wiring diagram for the aux heater fitted in my 2010 Transit Connect 1,8 TD?
Is it can-bus controlled and is it possible to by-pass using a simple on/off switch?
Best regards.

Sent fra min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
ChrGrVoy

Re: Auxillary heater problems

Postby motovanner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:06 pm

have you seen elsewhere on here about the silver golf ball sized unit under the right hand headlamp - it appears to be some kind of control ( mebe thermostat ) to trigger the aux heater - if its disconnected stops it from coming on - mine needs disconnecting as its smoking badly now the cold weather is here
Facebook/All tents Camping Group
motovanner
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Auxillary heater problems

Postby mk2dk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi.
Just found this thread tonight.
Lately I've done some work to the auxillary heater on my Connect. When I bought the car I didn't know it had one, probably because it wasn't functional :(
Since it is factory fitted, it's diagnosed in the vans diagnose system and fault codes are stored. Had a tester fitted and it said faulty Glowplug inside the heater. Bought a new glowplug and fitted it last weekend, which wasn't the funniest job I've tackled. Unfortunately it didn't start up after that either. Fitted the tester and cleaed all faults again, and this morning the outside temperature was around 0 dg and the heater went on :D
Asked Ford if it's possible to bypass the system, no the said. It uses 2 temperatur sensors to control the functions, 1 situated in the front of the car and 1 situated in the cylinder head. Now it's functional again, and the engine reaches normal working temperatur after 6-8 km :D
mk2dk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect