*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

No Heat After Coolant Change

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

No Heat After Coolant Change

Postby pas66 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:22 am

Hi all,
I'm a First timer to the forum, hope you can help. I have a 2009 Transit Connect. Couple of weeks ago I had the coolant changed on the van, flushed out with water and refilled with new coolant, from then on I have had nothing but cold air coming through the vents in the cabin, before the coolant change the air was really warm.
We have tried "burping" the system, while alternatively squeezing the hoses, flushing out the heater matrix, reconnecting hoses and running the "burping" cycle for virtually the whole day,...nothing. The thermostat has been checked and that's working fine. We have flow, so it "seems" like the water pump is ok too, though in fairness it hasn't been checked visually, too costly at the mo. The mechanic was stumped, so he changed the heater matrix for a new one, still no heat! Even tried filling the matrix from the heater supply hose but it just spills out. I have had two mechanics on the job and they are thoroughly cheesed off with it. I have already forked out £100's +++ on the van over the last year since i've owned it and am loathed to go to Ford to sort this problem out, so any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
pas66

Re: No Heat After Coolant Change

Postby dannysconnect » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:24 am

Hi

When you say '
we have flow'

How was this checked ? I've replaced a few prematurely failed focus and connect waterpumps(and what I mean by premature is that they failed before manufactures specified mileage and anniversaries.

Seems like you've covered MOST of the diagnosis steps ... just wanted a bit more detail on how the water flow was checked. I normally check for flow by removing the return pipe on the coolant expansion tank to make sure there is a constant flow of water returning or sometimes at the matrix pipes(but that can get messy... especially if there is good flow)
Car Van servicing, diagnostics & Electrical

Cover Berks and Bucks and West London area
dannysconnect
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dumper » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:58 am

Are the flaps moving in the heater box do the heater pipes get as hot as the top hose when at full temperature have you road tested it sometimes you don’t get all the air out just running the engine and reving it parked up
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 am

Give it back to the mechanic who did the job, tell him to call you when it’s fixed.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby g-man » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:49 pm

x2
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dannysconnect » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:59 pm

hahaha
Car Van servicing, diagnostics & Electrical

Cover Berks and Bucks and West London area
dannysconnect
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby VaporTrail » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Mike wrote:Give it back to the mechanic who did the job, tell him to call you when it’s fixed.

Exactly..
VaporTrail

Postby Tommyk22 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:15 pm

Have you managed to solve the issue?
Tommyk22

Return to Transit Connect