*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ECU PROBLEM.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

ECU PROBLEM.

Postby barrymanifold » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi all,
i posted a question,a while back,regarding a fault code on my 07 1.8 tdci.I didn't receive any response,so i enlisted the help of
an auto electrician.The van was a non runner,with a supposed immobiliser fault.It wouldn't turn over unless a live was run to the
starter.The leccy programmed the keys,so that the light stopped flashing continually on the dash.He said he's checked all the wiring,
and it's fine,but he's not getting anything from the ECU,so although he isn't 100% sure,he thinks it's the ECU,and it needs to be tested
or replaced.I contacted a company that tests them,who said if it's faulty and can be repaired,it's just shy of 300 quid.If it's ok,then it's
just postage +45 quid for the test (not that there's anything stopping them saying it's faulty anyway,to make an easy 300 quid).
There are ECUs on fleabay,complete with keys barrels etc,for around 100 quid,which appears to be the cheaper option,but i don't
know how exact the purchased on,needs to be to mine. The one i'm considering,is from an 06 to 13 plate tdci,with the same bhp 90.
Can anyone tell me if that one will match,or are there other things to check/consider. Thanks.
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: ECU PROBLEM.

Postby barrymanifold » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:55 pm

My connect is now running,sweet as a nut SORTED!
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Prometeia74 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:27 pm

How did you resolve this issue?
Prometeia74

Postby rob nufc » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:42 pm

another here to find out how it was fixed, sorry couldnt help with problem but the fix well help others cheers.
rob nufc

Postby barrymanifold » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:50 pm

I managed to find an ecu for sale on ebay,that was the same code as mine.Mine's an 07,and the breaker was too.You should get the clocks as well,as they have something to do
with the setting up and coding,but unfortunately,the kid who sold me the ecu,had scrapped the van,with the clocks still in.After fitting the ecu,i took it to a lad who sorts this
type of thing out.He plugged his computer in,and had to download some code from ford.Once he'd done that,he turned the key,and WAHAAYYY! away it went first time.He charged
me eighty quid,and twenty of that,was for the download from Ford.It only took ten minutes or so,to sort out,so it's not a bad way to make money,but i was more than happy.
You can buy the kit on fleabay for a few grand,and apparently,it's 500 quid yearly fee,for the licence from Ford. Wish i knew how to use it! :)
barrymanifold
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect