*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk2 2019 Low Pressure port - Where is it?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Mk2 2019 Low Pressure port - Where is it?

Postby Lockstock » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:58 pm

Hi
Looking for the Low pressure port on a MK2 2019 - to charge the air con. I've found a port that is just in front of the washing bottle, under a plastic flap. I also found a port that is right at the back of the engine - difficult to get at, and so, would be really difficult to get a recharging nozzle on there. The diameter of the first port is approx 14 mm (measured)- looking at the second port it looks the same diameter (i cant get in there to measure it).
If these are the same diameter, I would think these are both lowside (?) But to be sure I need to find the High side port ( highside port has a larger diameter).
Of course someone could tell me that You charge from the first port mentioned as They have sucessfully charged the air con system from here.
Had a MK1 for 17years (loved it !) and just bought this (MK2), but trying to find info is difficult - they don't even do the Haynes manual anymore - and the 'autofix' are rubbish (allegedly)
In addition does any know if the 'easymanuals' download only - are any good ? Or a place to buy a decent workshop manual ?
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lockstock

Re: Mk2 2019 Low Pressure port - Where is it?

Postby metalworker0 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:29 pm

I might be wrong ..take the dust caps off ..high should be red and low, blue or black ..if they are colour coded, low will be the larger of the 2

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Lockstock » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 pm

Hi Mark
That's the thing, both caps are Black and neither of them indictes if they are Low or High.
Thanks for reply, the search continues...
Don't suppose you have any thoughts on workshop manuals mentioned ?
Cheers
Lockstock

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:16 am

ummm manuals ..ive found and downloaded some of the genuine OE transit m8 manuals from 2015 ish

wasn't impressed ..hard to follow ...not very instructional, all over the place

nothing like the genuine ford one i have for a mk1 ford fiesta in book form which is excellent

There is a very good chance that these easymanuals will not be indexed..just loads of pages from the original ford CdRom but not working like a CdRom ..just a stupidly long 800 page pdf of the OE manual as i said above ...when you want to find anything ......you search at the top with the pdf search ...and find half the information in one place and the other half in another ..and then read it ...only to get to the end of the section and realise it was information about a different engine. and you have to search again - you are not going top be very impressed.

haynes stopped making good ones about 1985 or so.

but if you speak German there is a a very good manual publisher done in the same style as the old haynes of old ..cant remember name, found a few weeks ago ..now cant find it . something like reparaturanleitung

details on some other site i found ..that i cant find now ..called ford-klub-germany or something - wanted me to turn my adblock off, ! so never went in ..good evidence the manuals are there for free!

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Lockstock » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:06 pm

Right, okay thanks for the info and thoughts. Might give easymanuals a go, as and when.
Searched some more for manuals, no joy really , as the reveiws on the on line/ download PDF stuff is All really negitve. Oh, that is unless you want to cough up over 200 quid for a CDrom (original - i woud hope), found these on ebay or was etsy? Anyway they can keep that!
So it'll be youtube searching for the jobs that need doing ( and cross refering my MK1 Haynes) The only job I'm a bit concerned about is changing the cambelt and water pump - which I'll do in the summer (it was easy on the MK1). Looking at the part numbers they are the same for the MK1 and MK2 connects (handy). So I recon, they've used the same block only changed the bore and cylinder head configuration. Leaving the cam, water pump and associated stuff in the same postion (and why not - saves money).

ON an end note, and for anyone that might read this - regarding the original question ( Low pressure port) , I'll purchase the air con refill can ( 1234yf fuild- for MK2) and refill tube and pressure guage - as the refill nossle will only fit the low side. Will report back, but might be a whie, so don't hold your breath.
Cheers
Lockstock

Postby Altransit » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:32 pm

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that later models used a different refrigerant to the earlier models, and I'm not sure when it changed.
The info should be on a sticker on the slam panel.
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:40 pm

Dont know if you are right, well i don't know if I'm right either, about the cambelt ..as think yours will be a 1.5...this is a totally different engine than the previous 1.8 lynx engine.

Has cambelt and short chain joining the cams if DOHC , just cambelt and no chain if single-over-head-cam.

its a ford /Peugeot/ Citroen/volvo- joint venture engine and can be found in many Peugeot's and citroen's ford focus, cmax , fiesta

I'm not very knowledgeable what year they started using these ..or if the 1.6 is the same as the 1.5.

if yours is a 1.8 lynx ...then forget all about what I've just written above.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Lockstock » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:24 pm

Hi Mark
Oh my bad..
Your'e spot on regarding the engine design _ ie that the cam has a chain for the dohc - same as the citroen and peugoet 1.5 - designed in conjuction with PSV. Think Ford called it the Panther, then introduced as Ecoblue
I just guess it was wishful thinking that the changing of the cambelt & water pump would be the same as the 1.8 TDCI in the mk1 connect.
What lead me to his train of thought ( given there are no manuals to refer to) was a couple of things, a) they refer to the engine as TDCI & (b) the parts numbers for the water pump and the cambelt are the same as the Mk1 engine.
So we have the Duratorq 1.5l in the 2nd generation til 2018 and then the Ecoblue from 2019 onwards. I know that the head would have been changed to accomidate the 16 valve, plus the addition of Ad-blue for emmisions, and as I'm typing this, i wonder would they go to the trouble of a total engine redsign?....
Just need to know where to lock the crank and camshafts when changing the belt. Not a mechanic, but confident DIYer that has tools and can follow instructions ....lol ( plus one knows the job is done properly)
Just need some mechanic to do a youtube video on a Ecoblue engine and I'm sorted ...
Regards

p.s sorry just realised repeated some of your text, but ........ what the hell ! lol
Lockstock

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:54 pm

When searching youtube you'll probably get more results with the other ford models that have this engine.

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Altransit » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:09 pm

Focus Mk3 used the PSA E5 1.6 ecoblue from 2011 until 2016 and then changed to the 1.5 PSA engine which is Euro 6.
I'm told that these engines are essentially the same, and use a dry cambelt.

The problematic engine in the Focus is the 1.0 ecoboost (petrol) which uses a wetbelt.
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Lockstock » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

AHA !!
See always good to talk..
Thank you Metalworker0 and Altransit for a Good steer (pardon the pun lol).
Have a great (if not wet) easter wkend
Cheers
Lockstock

Return to Transit Connect