*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 Hot Stalling

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 Hot Stalling

Postby c3callaghan3 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:29 am

Hi all,

Long time lurker but first time posting. Thanks to everyone for all the posts as it has helped solve many issues in the past!

I have a new issue after the Mk7 RWD has been sat for a little while. It starts and drives fine from cold but after a long run the engine won't idle and will just stall.

It will then start easily but needs a bag full of revs to keep going but fine once on the move again.

Have read on here that the IDS software update will improve the anti-stall. Does anyone have any experience of this on theirs? If not it may be the PRV and SCV?

Also, any recommendation for anywhere close to Bristol that has Ford IDS? Preferably not main dealers!

Many thanks.
c3callaghan3

Re: Mk7 Hot Stalling

Postby MK7350camper » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:32 pm

I had this fault and it was the fuel pressure sensor and valve.

Replace with genuine parts though as I fitted from e bay first time around (From a well known shop) and frankly they made it worse!

Thanks Dave
MK7350camper

Postby c3callaghan3 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:07 pm

I've seen that 'Martin' is nearby on Loots IDS map. Has anyone got his details as I can't find his user on here?

I take it that Yellowvan is no longer active?
c3callaghan3

Postby knobby1 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:49 pm

c3callaghan3 wrote:Hi all,

Long time lurker but first time posting. Thanks to everyone for all the posts as it has helped solve many issues in the past!

I have a new issue after the Mk7 RWD has been sat for a little while. It starts and drives fine from cold but after a long run the engine won't idle and will just stall.

It will then start easily but needs a bag full of revs to keep going but fine once on the move again.

Have read on here that the IDS software update will improve the anti-stall. Does anyone have any experience of this on theirs? If not it may be the PRV and SCV?

Also, any recommendation for anywhere close to Bristol that has Ford IDS? Preferably not main dealers!

Many thanks.

Euro-4 or Euro-5..?? You don't say which you have. If its a Euro-4, running the learns may help, if not, the SCV is often the cause of stalling when coming to traffic lights or junctions. What fault codes are you getting..??

Anti-stall was introduced in a PCM firmware update to Euro-4's in 2012. Anti-stall is just a slight increase in rpm when the clutch is engaged.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:59 am

c3callaghan3 wrote:Hi all,

Many thanks.
A Long time lurker should know to get codes read first, just download free forscan to laptop and get a switchable Elm327 and batter in, better than guessing bud

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby c3callaghan3 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:53 am

Thanks all, van is a 2006.5 Euro 4 RWD. I hadn't posted the codes as I only have one and that relates to the 'Water in Fuel Sensor' issue so didn't believe it would be applicable. Code below:

===PCM DTC P2265:64-2F===
Code: P2265 - Water in Fuel Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance

Additional Fault Symptom (:64):
- Signal Plausibility Failure

Status (-2F):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Powertrain Control Module

Diagnostic Trouble Code details

There is a known issue with the PCM calibration on this vehicle.

The issue with the calibration does not affect the normal operation of the vehicle.

This DTC has been set erroneously and should be ignored.

A diagnostic procedure offers a new calibration when it is available.

It may not be possible to clear this DTC.

Freeze Frame #1:
-EVENT_TIME: 13547 s - Event time
-TOTAL_DISTANCE: 204465 km - Total Distance
-MODULE_VOLTAGE: 12.3 V - Control Module Voltage
===END PCM DTC P2265:64-2F===

===OBDII DTC None===
Successful DTC reading, no error codes found

Module: On Board Diagnostic II

===END OBDII DTC None===

===ABS DTC None===
Successful DTC reading, no error codes found

Module: Antilock braking system