*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Leak Between EGR Valve & Intake Manifold (MK6, 2.0L, 100hp)

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Leak Between EGR Valve & Intake Manifold (MK6, 2.0L, 100hp)

Postby transit_flow » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:46 pm

Hello everyone,
In my Ford Transit (2005, 2.0 litre engine, 100 hp) there is a leak between the EGR valve and the intake manifold.
Does anyone here have any idea what kind of fluid this could be and how it comes about? Would it be enough to replace the seal and possibly clean the Intake Manifold or could there be an underlying problem?
Background:
Recently the EGR pipe (between the valve and the exhaust manifold) cracked at a weld and was replaced by a garage. After I returned home, I noticed the leak. I assume that they removed the valve to replace the pipe. As the workshop is a long way away, I can't just drive past there. If just replacing the gasket(s) is enough, I might want to try that myself.

I'll attach a photo (before I wiped the valve). You can also see that there are splashes all around.

I would be grateful for any tips!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
transit_flow

Re: Leak Between EGR Valve & Intake Manifold (MK6, 2.0L, 100

Postby knobby1 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:14 pm

transit_flow wrote:Hello everyone,
In my Ford Transit (2005, 2.0 litre engine, 100 hp) there is a leak between the EGR valve and the intake manifold.
Does anyone here have any idea what kind of fluid this could be and how it comes about? Would it be enough to replace the seal and possibly clean the Intake Manifold or could there be an underlying problem?
Background:
Recently the EGR pipe (between the valve and the exhaust manifold) cracked at a weld and was replaced by a garage. After I returned home, I noticed the leak. I assume that they removed the valve to replace the pipe. As the workshop is a long way away, I can't just drive past there. If just replacing the gasket(s) is enough, I might want to try that myself.

I'll attach a photo (before I wiped the valve). You can also see that there are splashes all around.

I would be grateful for any tips!

It's just engine oil, the EGR and breather system recirculates all the crap back into the inlet manifold, if you remove the inlet manifold, intercooler, (If fitted), and EGR valve, you'll find them full of oily spooge. You're not alone, happens to all of them.

A new O-ring seal may be all you need.. #7 here:

https://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l ... MCsyNzI%3D

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Leak Between EGR Valve & Intake Manifold (MK6, 2.0L, 100

Postby transit_flow » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:51 am

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful answer! I'll give that a try
transit_flow

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits