*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.2Tdci MK7 FWD Dpf regens every 30-50 miles !

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: 2.2Tdci MK7 FWD Dpf regens every 30-50 miles !

Postby knobby1 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:23 pm

heitam wrote:Forgot to note, that I hoped after regen now the values for both soot and load will drop to almost zero, but it is not the case, values stay around 20% after regen.
So the numbers are actually even worse compare to earlier situation with old vaporizer. Which is confusing actually. But having not seen the numbers on screen as comes to perfect condition car then I just share what I got.
I am tempted to do also dpf clean by professional or replace by new one actually, but as vaporizer change is so recent then want to see how things will develop after 20 regens.

Just gut it and get it mapped out....save yourself a lot of grief.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby heitam » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:22 pm

Update to my regen problem.
Now I can tell that problem solved as driving highway only, 500 km can be done until regens.
If pure city drive, then about 300 km until regen. Note that outside temperatures by the way over here about 5-6 C only.
So obviously it takes time to engine to get up to temp. And obviously its not good for dpf.

And one more thing I have noticed that there is a difference in what conditions the regen is being done.
If it happens in city drive, then exhaust temp raises up to 450-500 C max and accordingly regen quality goes down and stays shorter than compare to highway regen, where temp goes up to 630 C and lasts longer.
Apparently it was earlier, while everything was fine and vaporizer ok, also same way, but now I saw it in live stream.
Forscan is good, but on MK7 it does not show the distance between regens, and thats a little troblesome as I bought OBD which is wire connected not bluetooth version. Problem is PC which battery never lasts as long as needed unfortunately. Have no inverter in my van.
So actually will order the bluetooth version also in the future.
Thank you for your attention and hope it is beneficial to someone.
heitam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby vogel » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:49 pm

Hi
I have similar problem with my van
Tell me what temeperatures do you have on egt11 and egt12 during dpf burning?
vogel

Postby sandancers » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:36 am

vogel wrote:Hi
I have similar problem with my van
Tell me what temeperatures do you have on egt11 and egt12 during dpf burning?

We are having a problem with our mk7 2014 fwd 140ps where we drive down an A road at about 60mph and (monitored using forscan) we can see EGT11 or EGT12 going above 500c and then the vehicle goes into limp mode, with no fault codes recorded. Pull into layby, engine off wait 2 min, engine on and it is OK again, tho sometimes it will fault again to limp mode soon after. But other times it runs perfectly, but with lower EGTs.

Certainly runs worse when EGTs are higher, and wonderful when they are low.

We THINK it might be DPF related although the diff pressures from the DPF are good. Sometime we see a step change in soot value from say 18% to 65 or greater % while driving with high exhaust temps, but when it is running with "normal" exhaust temps the soot loading stays constant. But after an off / on as described the values come down.
sandancers
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits