*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

help please!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

help please!

Postby chris_T280 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi all, hoping someone here can help, as I've had no luck so far. I have a Transit Mk7, on a 56 plate, SWB, FWD, T280, 85hp, 2.2 Duratorq engine. My problems started at the beginning of the year, when the van started to cut out, but turn the ignition off and on again, and it would start. Van was due a service, so took to a local garage for oil and filters, and asked them to check the cutting out problem. After plugging in to their analyser, it was found to have a fault "in injector bank". It was their opinion that an injector was throwing up a problem, which caused the ECU to shut it down, and then turning the ignition off reset it. Unfortunately, the local garage didn't want to take the job on, so, after umming and ahing, decided to bite the bullet, and take the van to a Ford main dealer, transit centre, in the belief they at least would be able to locate the fault. Not so. I won't say any more, but that the experience left me speechless that a main dealer conducts itself in that way. So I have just taken it to a Injection Services company, who although haven't been able to fix it, have done a report, which is as follows:
Carry out diagnostic check to vehicle, 6 error codes present, all cleared, 1 returns for "Injector bank short, B positive, (code: P2148). Doner set of injectors tried, and fault still present. Suction control valve substituted, and fault still present. Refit original parts, auto electrician checked, and suspects ECU fault.
So, there we have it. The van seems to run okay while cold, but after a couple of miles after it's warmed up will cut out. If your on a motorway/duel carriageway, and can keep the revs and speed constant at 70mph, it seems to be okay, until you come off the accelerator, and you can feel the engine die. Ignition off and on again, away you go till the next time you come off the throttle.
Has anyone come across this fault before, and been able to remedy it? Fingers crossed, and thanks for your time, Chris
chris_T280

Re: help please!

Postby knobby1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 am

Possible PRV blown...but we may need all the other codes found during the diag session. Also check the injector looms for intermittent break/connection.

Injector leak-off test would also be useful.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: help please!

Postby TommyTM3 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:15 am

Hi I have the same problem did this ever get fixed
TommyTM3

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits