*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ford transit mk 7 2.3 petrol/lpg code read

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: ford transit mk 7 2.3 petrol/lpg code read

Postby farrer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:55 pm

Yeah, if it's on petrol is doesnt come on at all and the emissions are correct

Regards
:shock: Ford Transit MK 7 T330 145 2.3 RWD Petrol/LPG :shock:
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby madmart132 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:22 pm

yes Farrer just leave alone it will just return anyway
madmart132
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would give an update, after many many miles and a couple of tanks of gas, I am happy to say that the van has been spot on. No engine management light, no fault codes, just plain sailing.

Has anybody else got a mk 7 on gas?

Regards
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby rodney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:08 pm

i have a mk7 lpg too , been having trouble with lumpy running , hunting and the off missing due to a issue with the throttle body , im hoping I can reset it as these engines are an arse to find parts for
rodney
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi Rodney,
The throttle body has a learning function that needs to be correct or it causes all sorts of issues.

Disconnect the batteries, connect the + to the - with a small wire, this will drain all the charge in the capacitors in the modules, leave for a few hours or overnight like this. When the battery is reconnected the module will have lost all data relating to the throttle position and the ideal calibration, it will now learn this on the next start up. Start the van and leave it running for 20 mins and it will be calibrated again.do not rev the engine, just leave it idling.

If you drive it or rev the engine it will never set itself up correctly and cause you all sorts of headaches trying to work out what is going on.

Check the obvious things are correct first. If spark plugs, coils, vac pipes, air inlet manifold.

Regards
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Boxster1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:44 am

Hi Farrer

I contacted you via PM.
This is the picture of my Landi Renzo Pressure Regulator.
My van has no pipe connected where the red arrow is pointing to.
Does yours, and if so where is it going to ?

According to the manual the pipe is a "MAP compensation intake".

The Spark Plugs are NGK Copper Core Spark Plug LPG5 (1516)
I haven't checked the gap, as they are designed for LPG I would bet the gap is correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boxster1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi boxer
You need to check the gap as it is very very important in regards to firing on lpg. Your system is different to mine as mine is a teleflex but mine also has a map pipe. The map (manifold absolute pressure) goes to the manifold, use a mirror and have a look for a place on the manifold that has had a nipple added. If the pipe is supposed to be installed there will be a place for it, just have a look, mine goes to the top of the manifold where the pipes join into one.

It could also be on a T piece if it has been tapped off something else.

Kind regards
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mad Husky » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Out of curiosity the plugs are tight and all the way home, I ask as my wifes car not a ford had been in for service and developed an occasional misfire and was down on grunt only when i did the next service did I find all the plugs were slightly loose. How I have no idea. goes like stink now.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Boxster1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 pm

farrer wrote:Hi boxer
You need to check the gap as it is very very important in regards to firing on lpg. Your system is different to mine as mine is a teleflex but mine also has a map pipe. The map (manifold absolute pressure) goes to the manifold, use a mirror and have a look for a place on the manifold that has had a nipple added. If the pipe is supposed to be installed there will be a place for it, just have a look, mine goes to the top of the manifold where the pipes join into one.

It could also be on a T piece if it has been tapped off something else.

Kind regards

Hi Farrer

Can I ask what gap you set your spark plugs to ?
According to an LPG forum it can be between 0.7 and 0.9

Boxer
Boxster1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:14 am

Hi boxer,
Mine were made by brisk and the gap was 1.3mm and I double checked them when they arrived and confirmed with brisk directly that this gap is correct. I believe different manufacturers have different gaps.

Kind regards
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Huntermk7 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:49 pm

farrer wrote:hi tt

bit of an update, removed cat today and it was not blocked in the slightest, looks like new, the wiring to the o2 sensor plug was not pushed fully home, van is now slightly better running wise.

i think somebody has been here before!!! i have ordered spark plugs for petrol and lpg and 2 ignition coils. lets see how i get on.

they are the pencil type coil and apparently the engine is a mazda L engine, also used in the ford ranger.

i have read the codes and although non are coming up, it still has a slight misfire so hopefully i am getting closer to resolving the problem.

thanks for all your help and input tt, i will update once i have moved forward with the repair, hopefully it will give someone else a help if they too are struggling with this type of fault.

HI Farrel

I have been having the same problem and was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of it. Misfire on cylinder 4. Replaced plugs.. still happening swapped the coil...still happening. Just ordered a new set of coils and a new cam sensor (even though ohm reading was OK) but waneed to be sure as also have very delayed accretion. It happens while running on lpg and petrol so thinking it must be an ignition or timing problem.

If you ever worked it out or anyone has any tips, I would be great full for some pointers.

Cheers
Huntermk7

Postby knobby1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Huntermk7 wrote:HI Farrel

I have been having the same problem and was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of it. Misfire on cylinder 4. Replaced plugs.. still happening swapped the coil...still happening. Just ordered a new set of coils and a new cam sensor (even though ohm reading was OK) but waneed to be sure as also have very delayed accretion. It happens while running on lpg and petrol so thinking it must be an ignition or timing problem.

If you ever worked it out or anyone has any tips, I would be great full for some pointers. Cheers

This thread is getting on for two years old now.....and unfortunately "Farrer" hasn't been back on the forum since December of 2018.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits