*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ford transit mk 7 2.3 petrol/lpg code read

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

ford transit mk 7 2.3 petrol/lpg code read

Postby farrer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi everybody,
Im new to the forum and new to ford vehicle diagnostics. I have a mk 7 transit 2.3 petrol/lpg that has developed a few problems with a oddly timed misfire and lumpy running on tick over.I am also going to program a second key if i can.

I have purchased a f super2 cable setup that came with a copy of forscan. i have successfully read the dtc codes today and have observed some live data relating to the lambda sensors, pre and post. see below codes given :-
DTCs in PCM: P0300:00-68, P0303:00-68, P0304:00-68, P1000:00-64, P1132:00-EC, P2110:00-64

also this one relating to the keys :-
B109E (Is this going to cause me any problems when programming a new key with fob buttons on it, currently i just have one key with no fob (just a standard key). Forscan states there are already 7 keys programmed to the vehicle!!!! Is there a limit on how many keys can be programmed???

So my plan is to:-
first check wiring to lambda
remove the cat and inspect to see if its blocked as it sounds throaty when accelerating hard and seems to bog down on power
change lambda
check/change spark plugs
change coil packs
change maf
worst case scenario change control module (ECU) ?

Is there anything you think i have missed or any other order i should be attacking the problem??
Many thanks in advance to anyone that replies to my many questions, all comment will be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Bobby
:shock: Ford Transit MK 7 T330 145 2.3 RWD Petrol/LPG :shock:
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: ford transit mk 7 2.3 petrol/lpg code read

Postby twin--turbo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm

What do those codes translate to?

TT
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 am

yes of course, see below
pcm codes are:-
p0300 :random misfire detected
p0303:cylinder 3 misfire detected
p0304:cylinder 4 misfire detected
p1000: odb system readiness test not complete
p1132: lack of ho2s11 switches-sensor indicates rich
p2110 : throttle actuator A control system - forced limited rpm

BCMii code is:
B109E : Remote keyless entry

any clarity to these codes would be greatly appreciated as i do know codes dont always point to the correct component and someone that has experienced these can sometimes relate to what it actually from experience or expertise.
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby twin--turbo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:12 am

Have you cleared them and only run on Petrol?

HT leads, Plugs done recently?
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:26 am

i have cleared them and ran the van at idle on petrol, at first it appeared that the fault had disappeared, but within 3 mins the lumpy, slightly off feeling came back, like it was switching from good to bad in a few milliseconds, it still runs and drives but its just not quite right.

i have no idea when the plugs and leads were changed TT !? i have not had the van long and i am beginning to suspect this fault may have already been present but i just did not notice it, as to me it seemed fine.

i think the misfire codes relate to when it was running on petrol and it was kangeroo-ing and nearly put me threw the windscreen, it must of been like watching a learner driver.....hahaha.

i am going to try it today under different conditions and report back.

i did some work with the live data yesterday, i loaded the PIDS for both sensors and the feed from the ecu, the voltage went out of range from the lambda before the cat, it was ok at first but then went out of range and i believe the van was then dependent of the lambda after the cat in order to run?? if i am correct???

thanks again
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 am

this is the reading from the scope on those readings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 am

top one is : maf (fault or not fault status)
second is : bank 1 sensor 1 ( pre cat )
third is :bank 1 sensor 2 (post cat)
forth is: sensor 1 status (fault or not fault status)
fifth is: bank 1 sensor 1 ( can be ignored as it already has the info on the second one)

hope that makes sense to those that are reading this...
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby twin--turbo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Not sure on the transit but the scorpio used the rear Lambda purely to monitor CAT efficiency.

If you think the CAT may be blocked, remove the front lambda from the exhaust and see if the symptoms improve.

In any case without any lambda control it should default to the base map.

It could all be down to poor ignition, I had this in May and a new set of leads ( first in 115K ) solved that.

TT
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:54 pm

thanks TT

i am removing the cat tomorrow for inspection, then i will do the leads, im not 100% if it has them as the ignition coils listed for it seem to sit on top(all in one job) but i will deffo check that out after i have ruled out the cat being blocked and a good visual on the wiring. its done 192,000 so there is the potential for many parts to be at the end of their life.

from what i understand about the second sensor is that if the 1st one fails it still tries to correct the fuel/air ratio mixture by making it rich in order to somehow encourage the 1st sensor into giving some sort of reading.

i drove quite a distance today without fault but the engine management light is back on now and went into a type of limp with the engine management light flashing.misfiring occasionally, when the misfire went away the van was struggling to accelerate but deffo not misfiring. i will code read in the morning and see if i have the same codes, most likely i will.

thanks again TT
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby twin--turbo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:43 am

Not sure on the rear sensor , but most default maps richen the fueling as is safer to over fuel than lean out too much.

When my CAT was blocked it felt like the car was just being restricted. Taking the front lambda out gave it that little bit extra breathing ability.

TT
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby twin--turbo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:45 am

If it's using COILSTICKS (COP) then you may be able to swap them round and see if the fault moves to different cylinders.

TT
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:36 pm

hi tt

bit of an update, removed cat today and it was not blocked in the slightest, looks like new, the wiring to the o2 sensor plug was not pushed fully home, van is now slightly better running wise.

i think somebody has been here before!!! i have ordered spark plugs for petrol and lpg and 2 ignition coils. lets see how i get on.

they are the pencil type coil and apparently the engine is a mazda L engine, also used in the ford ranger.

i have read the codes and although non are coming up, it still has a slight misfire so hopefully i am getting closer to resolving the problem.

thanks for all your help and input tt, i will update once i have moved forward with the repair, hopefully it will give someone else a help if they too are struggling with this type of fault.
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby twin--turbo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:28 pm

MK6 engine is the ford , would have thought the MK7 would be the same.

TT
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:52 pm

it may be that they are the same but i dont have a mk 6 to compare to and any pictures i look at give me no clue.

the info on the mazda engine came from wiki on mazda engines

wiki searching ford reveals nothing. i dont know if its a fact, as anybody can edit wiki and put anything but looking at the pictures of the ranger it looks the same.

can anyone with the knowledge comment on this issue??

thanks people
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits