*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What did you do to your mk6/7 today?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: What did you do to your mk6/7 today?

Postby ned » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Tango330 wrote:Drove it 200 miles to Lincolnshire, didn't miss a beat, but one of me LEDs has gone out :(

Side lights or lower bumper?
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby RustWidow » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Airthies wrote:They look bloody good there chap. Hope there's good metal to join them too

Sent from my anu5 using crapatalk

X2 from me, well done
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby andz327 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 am

Tosh52 wrote:I finished these of and now all ready for welding, has anyone else made their own?
Was a bit of a job trying to bend 2mm zintec with a machine mart £60 sheet metal folder! I think I pushed it to its limits.

It’s the first time I’ve done anything as complex as this so any virtual pats on the back welcome :mrgreen:
Neat job fella, nice
I would enjoy fitting them , makes it so much easier and quicker
ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Tango330 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:37 pm

ned wrote:
Tango330 wrote:Drove it 200 miles to Lincolnshire, didn't miss a beat, but one of me LEDs has gone out :(

One of me little middle lower bumper ones Mate, might be the wiring, if not, I have a couple of spares, it's just a tw@t to get at on account of me using expanding foam to fix that lower bit on :? :lol:
T330 RWD now sold
Ford Ranger Wildtrack now sold

MI 5 sacked me from my job as an interrogator this morning, didn't like to ask why :?
Tango330
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ned » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Tango330 wrote:
ned wrote:

One of me little middle lower bumper ones Mate, might be the wiring, if not, I have a couple of spares, it's just a tw@t to get at on account of me using expanding foam to fix that lower bit on :? :lol:

Ah, if it was side lights I have some bulb here you could have had, I found the wires snap flush with the lights on the bumper :roll: that's why I fitted round LEDs instead of the strip ones, its sounds like your going to have fun changing it, are they screwed on.

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Tango330 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:57 pm

ned wrote:
Ah, if it was side lights I have some bulb here you could have had, I found the wires snap flush with the lights on the bumper :roll: that's why I fitted round LEDs instead of the strip ones, its sounds like your going to have fun changing it, are they screwed on.

Got little bolts through them, just hoping I can get to the back of them :?
T330 RWD now sold
Ford Ranger Wildtrack now sold

MI 5 sacked me from my job as an interrogator this morning, didn't like to ask why :?
Tango330
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ned » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Tango330 wrote:
ned wrote:

Got little bolts through them, just hoping I can get to the back of them :?

Them little bolts bloody rust down there :roll: drill the heads off its the knackered.

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Tosh52 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:24 am

andz327 wrote:
Tosh52 wrote:I finished these of and now all ready for welding, has anyone else made their own?
Was a bit of a job trying to bend 2mm zintec with a machine mart £60 sheet metal folder! I think I pushed it to its limits.

It’s the first time I’ve done anything as complex as this so any virtual pats on the back welcome :mrgreen:
Neat job fella, nice
ANDZ

I don’t know if it makes it easier or not I still had to make cardboard templates and get it to fit properly, but still cheaper if you do it yourself and better then just welding patches on.

As for the enjoyment of fitting them I will be on my back welding upside down on my drive in the freezing cold damp conditions and not on a lift in a workshop but I know what you mean, I don’t like cutting corners even though the vans probably only worth £500 quid but thanks for my second pat on the back “haha”
Tosh52
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:05 am

Tosh52 wrote:
andz327 wrote:

Neat job fella, nice
ANDZ

I don’t know if it makes it easier or not I still had to make cardboard templates and get it to fit properly, but still cheaper if you do it yourself and better then just welding patches on.

As for the enjoyment of fitting them I will be on my back welding upside down on my drive in the freezing cold damp conditions and not on a lift in a workshop but I know what you mean, I don’t like cutting corners even though the vans probably only worth £500 quid but thanks for my second pat on the back “haha”
I do or actually used to do a lot of welding mate an it was mostly on the deck on ma back in peoples driveways ((good fitting plates is a must)) so i know what your talking about, if it's not rain or melting snow running doon yer neck or red hot balls of rust in your ears fooking sizzling , and with me being in Glasgow there was a fair bit of rain so a lot was done with oxy / acetylene to avoid electrocution

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:16 pm

andz327 wrote:[uote="Tosh52"]
andz327 wrote:

Neat job fella, nice
ANDZ

I do or actually used to do a lot of welding mate an it was mostly on the deck on ma back in peoples driveways ((good fitting plates is a must)) so i know what your talking about, if it's not rain or melting snow running doon yer neck or red hot balls of rust in your ears fooking sizzling , and with me being in Glasgow there was a fair bit of rain so a lot was done with oxy / acetylene to avoid electrocution

ANDZ[/quote]
Its part of the reason i fooked it all off.

Only way I'd start again is if I got myself a garage and I was boss, I'd have it all setup comfortable, even if I got a Transporter to bring their car back to get repaired.

Lying on the floor getting cold wet burnt and knowing that the ungrateful cnut expects you to be cheaper than the garage by far is just an insult tbh :(

I actually recommend you charge more to offset your personal discomfort 8)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby ned » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Need to investigate why Lucifer has no boost for a few minutes on start up :roll: maybe it needs an oil change, again, bloody van

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 pm

loot wrote:
andz327 wrote:[uote="Tosh52"]
andz327 wrote:[quote="Tosh52"]I finished these of and now all ready for welding, has anyone else made their own?

Neat job fella, nice
ANDZ

ANDZ[/quote]
Its part of the reason i fooked it all off.

Only way I'd start again is if I got myself a garage and I was boss, I'd have it all setup comfortable, even if I got a Transporter to bring their car back to get repaired.

Lying on the floor getting cold wet burnt and knowing that the ungrateful cnut expects you to be cheaper than the garage by far is just an insult tbh :(

I actually recommend you charge more to offset your personal discomfort 8)[/quote]Exactly , they think you should do cheaper cause less overheads than a workshop but they forget they don't even need to leave the comfort of their house....yuip 100% with you brother even have the T-shirt ... The thermals, thermal overalls, waterproofs and the scars both mental and physical hahaha.... ah the good auld days

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 pm

ned wrote:Need to investigate why Lucifer has no boost for a few minutes on start up :roll: maybe it needs an oil change, again, bloody van
Is your oil that thick your turbo is sticking mr Ned sir ....tut tut.....or is it lack of oil think I'd rather hope it was sticky actuator than an oil problem

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ned » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:06 pm

andz327 wrote:
ned wrote:Need to investigate why Lucifer has no boost for a few minutes on start up :roll: maybe it needs an oil change, again, bloody van
Is your oil that thick your turbo is sticking mr Ned sir ....tut tut.....or is it lack of oil think I'd rather hope it was sticky actuator than an oil problem

ANDZ

Its over due an oil change by about 2 months :oops: once on boost it spins up to 25+ psi, I did check the oil Wednesday and its still at the top of the full mark 8) I was hoping it might be a vacuum issue (split a pipe in summer and lost all boost) so my plan Mr Andz Sir, oil change, check vac pipes, lube actuator and fanny around with the air intake, hit 216,000 today as well.

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:17 pm

ned wrote:
andz327 wrote:

ANDZ

Its over due an oil change by about 2 months :oops: once on boost it spins up to 25+ psi, I did check the oil Wednesday and its still at the top of the full mark 8) I was hoping it might be a vacuum issue (split a pipe in summer and lost all boost) so my plan Mr Andz Sir, oil change, check vac pipes, lube actuator and fanny around with the air intake, hit 216,000 today as well.
216k nice your catching up with me mate only 130k to go (old engine)or as she stands the noo 214k to go, think i just went over 430k the other night there, i fed her castrol magnatec A5 ford last oil change as it was fairly cheap to buy 10lt for £42

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits