*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Issue with a MK7 Rwd euro 5 2.2 transit

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Issue with a MK7 Rwd euro 5 2.2 transit

Postby Collie33 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 am

Hi my 2.2 rwd transit with the euro 5 has a strange issue that just seems to not be getting resolved.

When it starts it runs lumpy smokey and sometimes hard to start and get diesel knock. Do a pump learn and the van will run spot on turn it off and back to square one.

So far I've replaced the scv Valve, high presure fuel pump, fuel filiter, injectors have been removed tested confirmed as good and new codes generated. Brand new bosch glow plugs, new intake manifold seals,

Thougt finally got it there the other day after I had the injectors checked and coded, ran spot on, turn it off and was fine, but come back to it the next day and the issue is back!

Pump learn and injector coding been done with snap on and forscan,

Really don't know what else it could be, any ideas.
Collie33

Re: Issue with a MK7 Rwd euro 5 2.2 transit

Postby knobby1 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 am

Collie33 wrote:Hi my 2.2 rwd transit with the euro 5 has a strange issue that just seems to not be getting resolved.

When it starts it runs lumpy smokey and sometimes hard to start and get diesel knock. Do a pump learn and the van will run spot on turn it off and back to square one.

So far I've replaced the scv Valve, high presure fuel pump, fuel filiter, injectors have been removed tested confirmed as good and new codes generated. Brand new bosch glow plugs, new intake manifold seals,

Thougt finally got it there the other day after I had the injectors checked and coded, ran spot on, turn it off and was fine, but come back to it the next day and the issue is back!

Pump learn and injector coding been done with snap on and forscan,

Really don't know what else it could be, any ideas.

Euro-5's don't have an SCV or learns like a Euro-4.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Collie33 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:38 pm

Hi sorry what I mean is the fuel pressure regulator sensor on the back of the high pressure pump,
Collie33

Postby tranmx2 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:45 pm

When it starts it runs lumpy smokey and sometimes hard to start and get diesel knock.

diesel knock smokey - too much fuel - low compression - injection timing - ECT sensor fault.
Smokey - EGR open - low MAP turbo vanes not closing, check small hole to MAP - DPF blocked - catalytic damaged - oil/gundge in inlet system.

HP pump has a fuel temp sensor and a fuel pressure control valve.
The injectors on mine do not have a code on them.

If you took the injectors out did you recut the seats and refit with an anealed copper washer?

Forscan live data may show what is happening.
2012 MK 7 E 5 100-350 3.5 XLWB RWD Duratorq 2.2L CR TC 14 DSL 100/125 PS E5 DPF BCM PCM RCM
Was DRRB 74 KW 100 HP 100 cv. Now CYR5 125 HP. PCM could still be for 100 HP.
There's more letters after a Transit than a military man :lol:
tranmx2
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits