*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Looking for a cheap Mk2 - any ideas where to look?

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Looking for a cheap Mk2 - any ideas where to look?

Postby Goth_Man » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:57 pm

I'm looking for a cheap Mk2 Transit van to drive for my band when we go on tour. I don't care what state it's in as long as it runs, is MOTd and will pass another MOT. Does anyone have any ideas where I could start to look for one?

I'm mainly looking at the 80 Popular with the 1.6L engine, but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of driving a larger version with the 2.0L engine in it.

I used to have a beautiful '82 Mk2 (another 80 Pop with the 1.6L), but some idiot smashed into it when it was parked up and destroyed the rear left quater of the van, so I'm now looking to get another one.

I bought my last one on eBay, but was wondering if there's anywhere that is recommended to go to for banged up old Transits on the cheap?

Thanks
Goth_Man
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby rover » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:37 pm

http://www.fordtransit.org/forum/viewto ... 29&start=0

There you go mate, LWB but in good order and until its sold it belongs to a forum member :D

Welcome to the forum BTW :D

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Neil » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:46 pm

as good as there is on sale
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Goth_Man » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:22 pm

rover wrote:http://www.fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11129&start=0

There you go mate, LWB but in good order and until its sold it belongs to a forum member :D

Welcome to the forum BTW :D

Rover.

Yeah, I saw that one on there, and I quite like the look of it. I'd have to repaint it n everything (can't stand green except on Land Rovers) but it looks cool, and only £2'000 insurance too, which I like :)

And cheers for the welcome
Goth_Man
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Ollie » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:08 pm

Looks good to me!
But I'm very biased as my first transit was green LWB Diesel, difference was that they aborted its MOT cos there wasn't any point.

" I'll mark any corrosion with this little yellow chalk"

He drew a box around the whole of the van - damm cheek :lol:

Was fun tho, only got it cos it was cheaper than a flat pack shed and the engine went well.

Did 6k in it in 5 months, 100% reliable just used to spray water, up your leg, on the back of your head and melt stuff to the rear floor!! awesome.
Ollie
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby FredTransit » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:01 am

Ollie wrote:Looks good to me!
But I'm very biased as my first transit was green LWB Diesel, difference was that they aborted its MOT cos there wasn't any point.

" I'll mark any corrosion with this little yellow chalk"

He drew a box around the whole of the van - damm cheek :lol:

Was fun tho, only got it cos it was cheaper than a flat pack shed and the engine went well.

Did 6k in it in 5 months, 100% reliable just used to spray water, up your leg, on the back of your head and melt stuff to the rear floor!! awesome.

:shock: :lol:
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby madmark » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Green van

Postby tranorak » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:41 pm

Hey thats my green Mk2 you lot are talking about :lol:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0065130060 and i still have it :oops: due to the ZERO FEEDBACK ebayer who won the auction being a complete er...shall we say Disappointment :evil: . I started to lose confidence when he rang up after the auction to ask what colour it was :( . Anyway its still here if anyone wants it... or it'll get relisted on ebay I quess but its the worst possible time of year to sell :cry: Make me an offer :) meanwhile I will just keep driving around in the beasty :D
tranorak
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby madmark » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:44 pm

:? god there is some right tossers out there :( that looks a good mk2 not many about !
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk 1 & 2