*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Radios

Advertise any transit parts you have here free to other members!!

Moderator: Luke

Ford Radios

Postby frank_sumner » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:01 pm

OK here we go... Due to both a mix up on Ebay and the good deal I did at Fordpartsuk.com I have two Ford 2006 Radio Casette Units. One with RDS, one without.

I know I could go on Ebay and try and Flog them but this site has given me lots of free advice and this way I can give something back.

Both are fully functional, both have the PIN code. Free to anyone who wants them.
frank_sumner
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:25 pm

I'm looking for early radios Frank, are these for later or Mk2 transits? I think the original radio in the bus was a 2001, radio only.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby frank_sumner » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:44 pm

Fred,

The non RDS is out of my 1995 Torneo. I think that the RDS version is out of a similar year van.
frank_sumner
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Ok Frank, I think they will be too late for my use. Thanks anyway.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Re: Ford Radios

Postby MRspivvy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:19 pm

frank_sumner wrote:OK here we go... Due to both a mix up on Ebay and the good deal I did at Fordpartsuk.com I have two Ford 2006 Radio Casette Units. One with RDS, one without.

I know I could go on Ebay and try and Flog them but this site has given me lots of free advice and this way I can give something back.

Both are fully functional, both have the PIN code. Free to anyone who wants them.

do you still have them? I'd like one for my '92 swb.
MRspivvy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby frank_sumner » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:30 am

Yep, both still available. Would recommend the one with RDS. Thats identical to the new one I've fitted to my 95 Torneo and works a treat. Either send me your address by email (to frank_sumner@btopenworld.co.uk) and I'll pop it in the post as soon as I can get to a Post Office.

Or, if you are anywhere near RAF Halton (Aylesbury), RAF Cranwell (Sleaford), or RAF Shawbury (Shrewsbury/Telford) I could probably deliver next week as I've got trips to those RAF Stations next week.
frank_sumner
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby frank_sumner » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:48 pm

RDS Radio Gone. One non RDS remains.
frank_sumner
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby barclay03 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:19 am

whats the difference between the RDS and no RDS? :oops:
barclay03
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby frank_sumner » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:49 pm

RDS offers the ability to stay connected to Radio staions as you move one frequency area to another so no fiddling to get back to the station. Most RDS radios also offer TA (Traffic Assistance). This automatically picks up Traffic broadcasts for the area you are in.
frank_sumner
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MrMPuk » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:51 pm

TA is Traffic Announcements.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Pinto » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:23 pm

FredTransit wrote:I'm looking for early radios Frank, are these for later or Mk2 transits? I think the original radio in the bus was a 2001, radio only.

I had a RDS 2007 from a mondeo in my Mk2 for a while - even the late ford radios look good in the Mk2, as they have a very discreet look :) no neons or flashing lights !

They have all the toys too, like RDS and EON :)

Wouldnt of the orginal radios from a Mk2 only just been equipped with these new fangled things called "dials" and some witchcraft called " Frequency Modulation" ? :lol:
Pinto
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:27 pm

Pinto wrote:
FredTransit wrote:I'm looking for early radios Frank, are these for later or Mk2 transits? I think the original radio in the bus was a 2001, radio only.

I had a RDS 2007 from a mondeo in my Mk2 for a while - even the late ford radios look good in the Mk2, as they have a very discreet look :) no neons or flashing lights !

They have all the toys too, like RDS and EON :)

Wouldnt of the orginal radios from a Mk2 only just been equipped with these new fangled things called "dials" and some witchcraft called " Frequency Modulation" ? :lol:

I am looking for preferebly non working radios that I can convert to covers for modern CD players for film work!
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

2006 radio

Postby nickm » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:10 pm

if you still have a radio left i'd like one, i had my cd stolen last week and have decided to just but a standard radio in it to save me another side window
thank you
nick
nickm
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Valsheda » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:26 pm

Sorry to here that NickM , its sad that when these things happen and people feel the need to revert back to an old stereo , i have had this happen to me luckily not in the van though , it really makes the blood boil :evil:
Valsheda
Top Tourneo Owner

stereo

Postby nickm » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:34 pm

it was more gutting because it was new years day, it was cold and took me a couple of days to sort the window, if they'd knocked the door i'd rather have given them the radio!
nickm
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Free to good home!!