*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Turbo fault

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Turbo fault

Postby Mjhayes123 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:22 pm

0299 fault

Transit mk7 2.2tdci 2008

Drove van 160 miles motorway one way unloaded then on way back after 5 mins light came on showed 0299 turbo fault I think. Continued all the way home another 150 miles ish van seem to run ok. So cleared the fault and then next week same journey same result drove all the way there no light after unloading on the return journey 5 mins in light on again ?

Any thoughts
Mjhayes123

Re: Turbo fault

Postby metalworker0 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:36 am

i think the forscan software would pin point it a bit closer .

Well i suppose the easiest thing to look for is, a split actuator hose, this is a small diameter hose that controls the actuator

then read here

https://turboturbos.com/blogs/news/a-qu ... rbocharger

Next check the boost pipes ..probably means you are going to be taking them off cleaning them and putting them back on ..you are looking for damage splits , looses hose clamps, deteriorated rubber seals.

Don't know if a stuck open EGR could cause this ,..that should checked as well .

The last thing to check is the the turbo itself ....by feeling slop in the turbo fan.

NOTE if the turbo unit is worn and its causing the fault ..it can break up and get sucked into the engine..if you carry on driving and ignore it ...or cause a "run away" if its leaking oil into the boost pipes.

others will add to this ..
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Turbo fault

Postby knobby1 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:48 pm

Mjhayes123 wrote:0299 fault

Transit mk7 2.2tdci 2008

Drove van 160 miles motorway one way unloaded then on way back after 5 mins light came on showed 0299 turbo fault I think. Continued all the way home another 150 miles ish van seem to run ok. So cleared the fault and then next week same journey same result drove all the way there no light after unloading on the return journey 5 mins in light on again ?

Any thoughts

Turbo fault codes can often be thrown up by a poorly EGR, "overboost/underboost". Worth checking or replacing the EGR valve at least. If the EGR is stuck slightly open or stuck closed it can throw some curious fault codes.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions