*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Water on top of injectors?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Water on top of injectors?

Postby James_G » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:55 pm

Hello all,

So after all this rain we have had lately and the van sitting on the driveway, i have noticed that water has pooled ontop of the injectors and the general rear of the engine bay is soaked. It seems as if the windscreen cowl above the engine bay is not doing its job at draining the water and keep the bay somewhat water tight.

Is there any solutions to this? Do I need a new seal somewhere?

I was going to take it apart and see if anything is clogged or maybe just seat everything up apart from the two drainage holes at the sides.

Welcome your thoughts
James_G

Re: Water on top of injectors?

Postby knobby1 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:27 am

James_G wrote:Hello all,

So after all this rain we have had lately and the van sitting on the driveway, i have noticed that water has pooled ontop of the injectors and the general rear of the engine bay is soaked. It seems as if the windscreen cowl above the engine bay is not doing its job at draining the water and keep the bay somewhat water tight.

Is there any solutions to this? Do I need a new seal somewhere?

I was going to take it apart and see if anything is clogged or maybe just seat everything up apart from the two drainage holes at the sides.

Welcome your thoughts

Would help if you told us what vehicle you have..??

Very common on the FWD machines I believe....some even soak the air filter too.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby James_G » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Sorry, I have a MK6 LWB rwd 115 t350
James_G

Postby Altransit » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 am

I never found out why the Mk6 did this, I checked all of the drain holes/pipes and they were all sound. I simply fabricated a cover for the air filter to deflect the water, and stop it running down the side of the housing, and soaking the air filter.
I then sprayed all of the injectors with white grease to stop the water touching the injectors, and causing corrosion (no electrics to short out on a TDDI :mrgreen:) I suppose you could fabricate a cover for the injectors, but the grease worked just fine on mine, I just topped it up from time to time :P
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions