*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Heater blower

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Heater blower

Postby Warloks38 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi guys sorry this has been covered before but I'm needing some input before I go mad.my heater blower in my transit mk6 isn't working at all checked fuse 223 all good I seem to have 2 relays behind the dash which click when I remove fuse 223 when the ignition is on.problem is I have no power to any wires which connect to the heater fan switch.I also have no power to the relays only the switch power which makes them click.the guy I got the van from said the fan was working on the high setting only which would be the resistor.he told me it all stopped working altogether.I have some wires with heat damage on the fan connection and on one relay but the problem is I have no power supply at all to anything.is there another fuse hidden away somewhere.
Thanks
Warloks38
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Heater blower

Postby wojciech » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Heater fun switch works on ground side - so it's ok no power on switch. Fuse 223 is connected directly to the fun, second fun pin is connected to resistor and switch, switch is connected to the ground...
First check is it power on fun pin on resistor side, if isn't - fun is broken (propably brushes are finished).
But if power is on resistor side - check wires between fun and resistor and switch. And switch.
One clicking relay can be on the fun - if van has AC. Maybe second one is in AC circuits. Both relays have nothing to do with this problem.

Of course your resistor is also broken - as told you previous owner. With broken resistor, fun can works only on higher speed.
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Warloks38 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:54 am

Excellent thanks for the info I have a diagram of the wires and can now see how it all works.one of the wires has had a new part put in on the motor plug so I'm guessing the wire is broken further up the loom I'm going to run a new separate wire from the fuse 223 to the motor.
thanks for all you help
Warloks38
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Warloks38 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi guys have found out that the relays i found are connected to the fan one of the relays is getting very hot and seems to have melted the wires connecting to it.and the fan cuts out when i move the relay.
Warloks38
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby wojciech » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Warloks38 wrote:and the fan cuts out when i move the relay.

It can be only R13 relay in engine fusebox. But it is main relay for all electrical circuits activated by ignition key.

For basic work fun hasn't any relay...
Maybe you have Eberspacher independent water heating?
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wojciech » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:53 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Warloks38 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:53 am

Well this relay has something to do with the fan because it's getting hot when I put the fan on my van is a standard transit with no extras fitted the wire from fuse 223 goes into the relay then from there into the fan circuit.the faster the fan is turned up the hotter it gets to the point I can't touch it.
Warloks38
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby wojciech » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Warloks38 wrote:Well this relay has something to do with the fan because it's getting hot when I put the fan on my van is a standard transit with no extras fitted the wire from fuse 223 goes into the relay then from there into the fan circuit.the faster the fan is turned up the hotter it gets to the point I can't touch it.

It must be... self-willed handicraft. :cry:
Return to original circuits. Remember - heater blower takes sizable power. Fuse is 30A. Use suitable wires.
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Warloks38 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Turns out some transits had a relay some didn't it's on the wiring diagram
Warloks38
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby wojciech » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:17 am

Warloks38 wrote:Turns out some transits had a relay some didn't it's on the wiring diagram
It is relay in models with AC. It works only when AC is on.
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Warloks38 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:53 pm

Mine has never had ac but it's got the relay
Warloks38
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby wojciech » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:00 pm

Warloks38 wrote: it's on the wiring diagram
Can you..?
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mad Husky » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:30 am

The motor brushes might need cleaning had that on one of my vans would work intermitently untill i cleaned it still got the brushes, I bnought for it but never needed.
Mad Husky
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Technical Problems & Questions