*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Torque setting required.asap

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Torque setting required.asap

Postby Marauder » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 am

Just about to rebuild off side brakes. Had problems removing Hub.... I Need the Torque in Nm for the 4 bolts that hold REAR Stub Axle to main Axle ,"Van is Front Wheel Drive."
Also the setting for the Wheel Nuts ?? For Bog standard STEEL Wheels that are fitted. I now have a new Torque Wrench so can do the job proper. My Transit is a 2008 Mk7 2.2 FWD .

As soon as I get the settings I can go out and assemble the new parts . Thank you .
Ford Transit 280 SWB,,Year 2008,,2.2,, If it can,t be fixed/repaired/ with a 4 pound lump hammer then it must be an electrical problem.
Marauder
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Torque setting required.asap

Postby Cider Andy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:16 pm

This is data from the Haynes manual, which not everyone sees as reliable.

Wheel nuts: 200Nm
Rear brake disc-to-hub flange bolts: 70Nm (although I'm not sure if that's what you're after. If it is though, it says new bolts must be fitted).
Drink moderately, eat healthily, exercise regularly, die anyway.
Cider Andy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Marauder » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Steel Wheel Nuts,Thanks 200Nm. :)
Stub Axle to the end of the rear Axle, Nm?
I have just had to remove the Stub Axle by undoing the 4 Bolts, Was the only way I could remove the old Hub, I put the Hub and Disc over some 3x3 Timber on the ground and smashed out the stub Axle. So I am fitting stub axle back to the main Axle. These are the bolts I need to Torque up.
Ford Transit 280 SWB,,Year 2008,,2.2,, If it can,t be fixed/repaired/ with a 4 pound lump hammer then it must be an electrical problem.
Marauder
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Marauder » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:03 am

I will try another way to get the Torque setting on these 4 Bolts and place them on here, Then in future any one doing a search for the same info will be able to find them out.
Marauder
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Technical Problems & Questions