*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 transit 2.2 85ps !!name this noise!!

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Mk7 transit 2.2 85ps !!name this noise!!

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:58 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Harrygm wrote:Also my biting point feels slightly higher and it bounces into gear sometimes mainly second, and if i let the van pull along in first gear at its own speed it sounds like its about to fall apart.
Im thinking maybe i have a battered gearbox but im praying i dont.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If Martyn says your gearbox is shot....that's good enough for me.

There's a line of thought which says a single mass flywheel is not good for the gearbox, if you have one fitted, this may be your issue or may have caused the demise of your gearbox. If the 85ps engine had a dual mass flywheel from the factory, they do it for a reason.

Lord Knobrot

85 ps dont have a dmf :wink: Have you dropped the gearbox oil and checked for filings :idea:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Custard Slice » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Harrygm wrote:Hi thought i would update with progress on the van.
It had full clutch replacement last year and now it makes a rattle when vold but goes when you press the clutch and after a minuite or two once the engine warms up.
Re otger issues, i had the valve changed and also took the van to martyn @ vantuner for a remapp.
He said fuel pressure etc on idle is spot on, maybe best hes seen.
Since the van really judders sometimes in 4th and 5th @ low revs or on a slight incline.
Judders like a misfire and really shakes the van back and forth until i press clutch or stop accelerating or something.
So valves are spot on, had a clutch replacement because local mechanic thought original problem was release bearing but he now thinks it has a worn gearbox bearing wich martyn said it sounds like worn gearbox but i should have it at 180k not 80k miles.
Im hoping you may know something lordnobrot.
Apart from that, bt applied a economy map wich made the van sh*t but removed since seeing martyn.
One glow plug is out.
No eml lights.
Ford reckon i have a solid mass flywheel.
Im just at the bottom of my balance and its christmas and i dont know if im going to need a new gearbox or engine rebuild eventually.
God damn you under evolutionised humans, we are capable of so much more than greed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I Have this exact problem and I've been all over forums of various vehicles. It's quite common for diesels but no one ever reports back with a resolution. Mine is definitely a sensor or a Mapping issue. I have the 85 factory but have had it remapped. It juddered before the remap but no where near as bad. It goes the second I put cruise control on and also isn't there when I pull the clutch sensor switch away from the pedal and leave it hanging there. Im trying to figure out in what order all the sensors talk to each other. The problem temporarily went away when I put on new tyres, but immediately came back when I snapped a coil spring when I hit a speed bump a bit harshly... So could be something daft like the ECU wanting a set PSI for a speed sensor. Im determined to get to the bottom of this.

Custard Slice
Custard Slice

09 MK7 85 T260
Legal some of the time..
Custard Slice
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Altransit » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:34 am

Someone on another thread suggested that it could be a throttle pedal problem :idea:

His was replaced, and the problem disappeared :wink:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Custard Slice » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:11 pm

Yeah it would be worth a shot if it wasn't so damn expensive to be had from Ford. I'm getting engine malfunction upon putting the key in the ignition quite frequently now. When I plug it in in forscan it says its lost communication with BCM, Lost communication from immobiliser and its also saying throttle position sensor but I dont know if that's to do with the immobiliser...
Custard Slice

09 MK7 85 T260
Legal some of the time..
Custard Slice
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby abiolayunis » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:16 pm

So sorry I'm responding to this so late, just stumbled on it a while ago. I'm strongly of the view that all the juddering and vibration with the clutch and gear selection issues is caused by a worn or damaged Crankshaft thrust bearing. This causes the crankshaft to rock back and forth especially when under load or when clutch pedal is depressed.

Sent from my TECNO F2 using Tapatalk
abiolayunis
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions