*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

how many of you have a pinto running on lpg?

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

how many of you have a pinto running on lpg?

Postby gasbo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:34 pm

ive been a gashead for the past 20 years...converted my maestro van to gas in 1997 and did 180,000 miles in it before i sold it,bought another brand new ledbury maestro in 1999 which did 391,000 miles before the wheel arches rusted away...then bought my first pinto transit at 64k miles...now done 250,000 all on gas...these engines love it so why arent there more pinto vans on gas? why pay 130p when you can fill up for 52p a litre?
gasbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: how many of you have a pinto running on lpg?

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm

The reason is they stopped making pintos nearly 100 years ago ,you gotto go forward man :lol:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby gasbo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:The reason is they stopped making pintos nearly 100 years ago ,you gotto go forward man :lol:

no mate i'm a total luddite...everytime i go on ebay and see a newish transit with lpg i avoid it like the plague...the reason is these new engines are total crap,same goes for the gearboxes..the times ive seen new engine or gearbox fitted in ebay listings...seems to me people are being ripped off..i spoke to one guy and he said he needed a new ECU whatever that is and was charged £3k...nah i'll stick to my old vans and they can stick their smart technology up their masonic arses!
gasbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:14 pm

3 gwand for an ecu ,did he tell you that Elvis is working in the chippy down the road serving pork pies but they were not as big as his :?:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby gasbo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:09 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:3 gwand for an ecu ,did he tell you that Elvis is working in the chippy down the road serving pork pies but they were not as big as his :?:

no but he said the twin towers was brought down by a directed energy weapon and i believe him..fire dont melt steel beams or dustify buildings www.wheredidthetowersgo.com
gasbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Do you know where the uhumilanger bird gets his name from :?: The uhmilanger bird has a 2 foot langer and can fly to a height of 20 thousand feet and dives to a depth 6 inches above the ground and can glide for a distance of 10 mile hence the name uhmilanger HTH :)
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Talk